Bucking spikes For Husqvarna 450

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Firewood

ArboristSite Lurker
AS Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hello All, I really hope this is in the correct thread!
Anyways I have a Husqvarna 450 mk2, the bucking spikes are a little shallow I discovered on some wood I was cutting recently, think really bad pine tree,

So my query is this, does anyone happen to know,
A. Will the bucking spikes from a 455 rancher fit my saw?
B. Is the distance between the bolt holes on the bucking dogs the same on the 455 as the 450?
C. Am I better off making my own spikes out of an old circular saw blade

I did see Westcoastsaw make a bucking spike for the 455 but they informed me it would not fit a 450,

For those who have read this far and for anyone posting relevant answers,
Thank you
Colm

You can always just make your own, I've done that for some saws. Just use the old one as a template, have worked well for me before.

Hi again Guys, small update on these, made some larger bucking dogs for my little 450, my vise being located in my old garage prevented me from holding the old sawblade I used to make the spikes properly, (think woodworking clamps)
Anyways once I get some proper steel and some much needed practice on my grinder, ima crank out some better ones,

In the pics the black one was too long on the bottom spike and it bent severely on the first use, the silver with sharpie marks is the one I'm using so I'm thinking, shorten the length of the spk20240228_223421.jpg20240228_224034.jpgkes by about an inch an they should work just fine, however while there great in wood with lots of bark, man do they reduce full bar length

But how and ever, everyday is a schoolday

Attachments

• 20240228_224043.jpg
    20240228_224043.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 0
Back