buckingham Black widow saddle.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I could easily be wrong but I think this one was designed as a competition saddle. Not that it couldn't be used for tree work too. But I saw it once and remember it being quite light and non-bulky. It sure looked nice.

I have never seen this saddle in person but i think its prolly a good saddle provided you dont carry alot with up in the tree and you dont mind that you are super limited as to where to put it. I dont compete but it looks like it would be very good for that. If you do alot of trimming, esp with a hand saw, and just want to stay light amd limb walk it would prolly be great. If you do alot of take downs , using heavier saws and hauling gear like blocks n slings and zip line stuff and whatever else then I dont think this is a good choice at all. If you want a saddle that does it all I dont think this one is it. But the price is pretty good. If you can spend more I would recommend the petzl sequoia. I use it and I love it. I do like that the Buckingham is USA made and that is important to a point. Let us know what you do , I enjoy hearing about new saddles how how people like em.

i saw the sequoia and i really like it on paper, never seen it in person. there are some things i cant see on the blackwidow. those who have seen it in person is there a spot on the hip areas to stick a Hms style carabiner (or caritool)? My current saddle has plenty spots to attach gear, but is heavy and leather (weaver with a floating d ring). Thanks for all the replies.

Latest posts

Back