build off challange

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've been running semi on my 372 the past while, only because I have it, and it can cut pretty fast. All the vids I've posted of my 372 are with semi.

Yeah, all things being relative, semi does just fine. Slamm uses it for the river wood he logs, and that stuff is super embedded with junk. If you watch his vids, he does fine for production with semi chisel. The more time a cutter spends at the stump, the less money he's going to make.

Speaking of optimization, square will be the best choice for speed. As Dennis said, the end game is to sever wood fiber, not tare it out. If a guy can achieve that with his chain, it doesn't matter what the profile is.

Yeah, all things being relative, semi does just fine. Slamm uses it for the river wood he logs, and that stuff is super embedded with junk. If you watch his vids, he does fine for production with semi chisel. The more time a cutter spends at the stump, the less money he's going to make.

Speaking of optimization, square will be the best choice for speed. As Dennis said, the end game is to sever wood fiber, not tare it out. If a guy can achieve that with his chain, it doesn't matter what the profile is.

True that.

Who's got the video of his (I believe 066) cutting that big Ol' log at a GTG? I believe there was a shop in the background.

That was the first TM chainsaw I ever saw, and it made me want to run it. Super quick! :rock:

This isn't that vid but it is the same saw running against wendell's ec7900. Both fast saws!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/yPpJ3zo9ofQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Here's the 361 I owned for several years. I sold it after buying and modding my 346, and realized I had no need for a 60cc saw.

Nothing says "I'm not into race saws" like a tuned pipe!

Is that the pipe breymeyerfam built?

And is easily dulled in the field, cutting a dirty wood like Juniper. Useless to me.

I've cut a lot of Juniper on big forest fires, especially right there in Redmond/Bend/Prineville...chisel chain is really worthless out there.
Carlton semi-chisel worked the best for us. Same thing in the Pinyon Pine cover types in Arizona/New Mexico. Down there you'll run
into impacted sand in the bark of the trees from the dust storms.

hey now i was in an air band contest in high school. i was the one armed drummer for def leopard lol

Latest posts

Back