build off challange

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
why 390?

whats this all about? OP thinks he can build a better 390 than most?

or is it you already have one?

personally id love to see a three saw build.

partner p5000 or similar 0-50cc

660/390 or similar 0-100cc

880/3120 or similar 100+cc

nobody wants to build a 50 90 or 120?

There are already 4 buildoffs going on now. 066, 346, 7900, 029/039. That doesn't leave much room for another buildoff right now.

There are already 4 buildoffs going on now. 066, 346, 7900, 029/039. That doesn't leave much room for another buildoff right now.

101b Macs? Mine oughta be ready 'bout spring at the pace I work. :D:D:D

For the record, I'll get spanked!

Whose decision is that? I was thinking of having a Remington electric chainsaw buildoff. Careful, I have mine wired for 220...

I have one that I'm thinking about entering it's a bit of a junkyard dog looking saw It took more than one saw to build it and it has a band-aid or two!!!,,, but it doesnt need a flea collar,, I usually build my own for fun,,, it has some mild Port work done and it came with a little compression... it is a good runner,, it is used in commercial stump grinding and a few private falling jobs have been done with it...

I'd like to see what it will do... I got relatives in Mn & Wi,,,,, I need to come see anyways

Maybe a prize for the ugliest saw ? I don't have a 390, but I can find an ugly saw.

I would rather do it in warmer weather, but I am not a player in this, just a thought. I don't think Scott mentioned a date, I think he put it out there as 'whenever' but I could be wrong. Posts are piling up here and I need to sharpen chains and get ready for work :)

From what I have seen of your posts Brad, I am sorry but I doubt you will win the ugly saw contest.

-chandler

Last edited:
No one's gonna say anything til you build a saw and a chain that beats his. ;)

Well, Scott's already beat one of Erics saw. That was evident in the 372 biuld off. Ive had saws from both, and Scotts was way stronger.
Just dosent seem like anyone wants to take Scott up on this. And I can understand this..... Not tryin to start anything with ya Jason homie, but that's my experience.

I'm up fer a challenge. I'll need a 390 to build. I' don't really care what the rules are. Just like to have fun.:rock:

I't would be nice if this buildoff was in the later spring or early summer. As mentioned before, there is already plenty of buildoffs.

Well, Scott's already beat one of Erics saw. That was evident in the 372 biuld off. Ive had saws from both, and Scotts was way stronger.
Just dosent seem like anyone wants to take Scott up on this. And I can understand this..... Not tryin to start anything with ya Jason homie, but that's my experience.

These woods port build off are not races. Not even close. Just about every person who is into racing (operator and or builder) did nothing but laugh at how pathetic they thought these woods build offs are.

What I wanna see is Scott build a 390 and a chain, and Eric build a 390 and a chain. They don't necessarily have to run alky and a pipe, but the saws should at least meet the "GTG Saw" requirements. We'll leave it up to the builders - I dunn really care. But put'em in a 12x12 in the same CONSISTENT wood with no knots and then we'll know the real deal.

Running woods ports in knotty wood with bark is not a race by any means at all (and in my opinion) tells nothing about the saw....

No offense taken Paul. We're good d00d. :) ::thumbsup::

I'm not knocking the 372 buildoff in the least. But...the results from that buildoff were anything but reliable, due to wood inconsistency. That's why the MS460 buildoff was in a big cant, lesson learned. I entered two saws in the 372 build off, and the slower saw placed way ahead of the other. Again, Terry, I'm not knocking your effort in the least! You made a valiant effort to get consistent results. Any builder here is going to have a less than stellar saw come out of the shop every now and then. Not every saw can be a winner. You can't judge a builder by one saw. Just sayin'.

These woods port build off are not races. Not even close. Just about every person who is into racing (operator and or builder) did nothing but laugh at how pathetic they thought these woods build offs are.

What I wanna see is Scott build a 390 and a chain, and Eric build a 390 and a chain. They don't necessarily have to run alky and a pipe, but the saws should at least meet the "GTG Saw" requirements. We'll leave it up to the builders - I dunn really care. But put'em in a 12x12 in the same CONSISTENT wood with no knots and then we'll know the real deal.

Running woods ports in knotty wood with bark is not a race by any means at all (and in my opinion) tells nothing about the saw....

I'd be up for a saw & chain build. I know my chian wouldn't even come close to Erics, but would still enter.

Im sure Scott's game LOL, should be a lot of fun!! :hmm3grin2orange: 10-4 baby we cool......

:msp_mellow:
What I wanna see is Scott build a 390 and a chain, and Eric build a 390 and a chain. They don't necessarily have to run alky and a pipe, but the saws should at least meet the "GTG Saw" requirements. We'll leave it up to the builders - I dunn really care. But put'em in a 12x12 in the same CONSISTENT wood with no knots and then we'll know the real deal.s
IMHO, nothing good can come of this. We're directly pitting two builder/site sponsors against each other. Someone has to loose. What's to be gained? It does nothing but promote the builder wars that plauged this site in years past. It's a way better environment when you have your builders/site sponsors working together like they do today.

Real racers laughing at the woods port build offs? These are intended to be fun. Real racing can get to be cut throat. I want nothing to do with that.

You guys are ALL a bunch of posers. Everybody knows John Lambert is THE #1 saw chain builder....

[video=youtube;b1zsV8IWERU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b1zsV8IWERU[/video]

Is it just me, or does this never get old?

I'm not knocking the 372 buildoff in the least. But...the results from that buildoff were anything but reliable, due to wood inconsistency. That's why the MS460 buildoff was in a big cant, lesson learned. I entered two saws in the 372 build off, and the slower saw placed way ahead of the other. Again, Terry, I'm not knocking your effort in the least! You made a valiant effort to get consistent results. Any builder here is going to have a less than stellar saw come out of the shop every now and then. Not every saw can be a winner. You can't judge a builder by one saw. Just sayin'.

So......are you gonna take Scott up on the challenge? It would be a lot of fun and you have a new 390 as do I. Hope ya will Brad. Heck, I know you will Brad. Your always game!! And thats damn respectable in my book!

I'm kinda bored with woods ports and modern saws all together. Building a chain is more interesting to me right now than the saw part.

IMHO, nothing good can come of this. We're directly pitting two builder/site sponsors against each other. Someone has to loose. What's to be gained? It does nothing but promote the builder wars that plauged this site in years past. It's a way better environment when you have your builders/site sponsors working together like they do today.

Real racers laughing at the woods port build offs? These are intended to be fun. Real racing can get to be cut throat. I want nothing to do with that.

Yep....me either. If it ain't fun, im out. Their can only be one winner anyways.......

Hell Brad who are you kidding? There sure as hell wasnt anything to loose in all the other build offs. I mean seriously! Your invited as well man!

True - but it wasn't I who suggested that Eric, Scott, and Will all build saws against eachother. Scott did.

And I was just answering Paul - he suggested that "Scott's saw beat Eric's". I spoke why I didn't see the build off as a race, which is why things shouldn't be measured so closely and things should just be kept fun. I didn't mention the fun part until now - I appreciate your post to me though because it made me elaborate a bit more on my response to Paul. If they're gonna build saws "against eachother" - they might as well at least make them GTG saws with some sweet chains to see who can do what. But if they end up not having any kind of build off I don't really care.

And don't take my response as attitude - I'm just trynna explain my answer so I don't look like a prick if I ended up making myself look like one in the first place. ;)

Back