build off challange

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Screw that! Haven't you seen the video of the FedEx Guys chucking boxes, my arse is fragile! I was just in Memphis a couple months back, I had some good BBQ while I was there:clap:

Well, at 215, they'll struggle to throw you more than a few feet. If you're really concerned, send Maldeny a day early and see if he survives.

Last edited:
If it's a 390xp race saw being built there won't be any cutting of oak nor will the wood be 40". :)

I'm sure there'll be wood for others to play in but when it comes to actual racing I wouldn't expect the wood to be any bigger than 12x12....

Completely new to any sort of saw racing rules here - is the wood limited because of availability of consistant, knot free wood, or some other reason? Why not a hardwood or something to slow them down a little bit? Pretty big saws competing here. The percentage of timer error may be less if we're talking .1-.2 seconds in a 10sec cut vs. a 3sec cut.

PHO of course.

Just finished the thread. :dizzy: Who woods ported your 2094 and 660 and why was you not happy with the 2094? Did you contact builder to fix 2094 after finding out you were not happy with results?

Just finished the thread. :dizzy: Who woods ported your 2094 and 660 and why was you not happy with the 2094? Did you contact builder to fix 2094 after finding out you were not happy with results?

Never said i wasnt happy. She runs fine. Eric Copsey did the work. Its just that 660 is exceptional IMO. Tree Monkey (Scott Kunz) did the 660 port job.

I had always heard and read the 2094 394 395 saws were suppose to out cut the 660 when both were woods ported. I see this was not the case here.
Win for the 660 :clap:

Last edited:
I had always thought and heard the 2094 394 395 saws were suppose to out cut the 660 when both were woods ported. I see this was not the case here. This just puzzled me Sir.

Win for the 660 :clap:

Not with Scott Kunz porting one. Im sendin him a new 372xpw and a 390xp. I would really like to see what the Husky's will do. And you are certainly welcome.

Im certainly no pro, and don't even call myself a saw builder lol, But I agree with Will. I just put my 066 together out of some parts, and ran a tank through it yesterday, and 2 tanks today. Im gonna run another tank or so through it, and it will be tore back down for port work. I could be wrong, but just by feel, It will take a hell of a gain for the 066 to run with my ported 395. It may surprise me, but Im not too sure right now.

If you're trying to make a comparison, you'd have to compare it to a standard 372XP.

That would be what? Minus big dawgs and wrap handle? Dosent matter to me. Thats what both Young and I got. I dont think the 372xp weighs that much less.

half vs full

attachment.php

attachment.php

Im certainly no pro, and don't even call myself a saw builder lol, But I agree with Will. I just put my 066 together out of some parts, and ran a tank through it yesterday, and 2 tanks today. Im gonna run another tank or so through it, and it will be tore back down for port work. I could be wrong, but just by feel, It will take a hell of a gain for the 066 to run with my ported 395. It may surprise me, but Im not too sure right now.

I know what ya mean. But what Im sayin and what i said earlier, as long as Scott does his magic is what matters IMO and experience. In other words had the 2094 or a 395 been ported by Scott, i feel it would have prolly beaten the 660 as well. That 660 just beat a ported 2094.....again, i guess it comes down to the pop up style portin versus the combustion chamber style porting Scott does. From what saws ive had it, the combustion style portin is way stronger than pop styles that Ive had.....

Latest posts

Back