building a processor

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
necessity and invention

Good old fashioned ingenuity. Thats the kind of thinking that made our country so great. Great project!

more pics of how the saw is mounted.

You NEED, MUST HAVE, gotta do it, a saw mount with zero zilch nada play in the hinge mechanism.

first 2 efforts were hinges, and they had too much play. so now she is machined shaft with plastic bushings and larger tube.

hard to tell from the pic, but 2 bolts bolt the mount directly to the bar.

more pics of how the saw is mounted.

You NEED, MUST HAVE, gotta do it, a saw mount with zero zilch nada play in the hinge mechanism.

first 2 efforts were hinges, and they had too much play. so now she is machined shaft with plastic bushings and larger tube.

hard to tell from the pic, but 2 bolts bolt the mount directly to the bar.

Thank you for posting pictured of your saw being mounted.

I was guessing that you used a beam saw clamp to hold the bar I see you made your own.

The conveyor that the log rides on is it a regular conveyor but used horizontally instead of vertically. You have a lot of Yankee ingenuity great job.:clap: David:chainsaw:

Thank you for posting pictured of your saw being mounted.

I was guessing that you used a beam saw clamp to hold the bar I see you made your own.

The conveyor that the log rides on is it a regular conveyor but used horizontally instead of vertically. You have a lot of Yankee ingenuity great job.:clap: David:chainsaw:

there si some science to the horizontal conveyor. it is really simple, and hell for tough. when all done, it is an H beam with a farmers conveyor chain down the groove, and some cross slats.

on one end is a really simple bearing, the other end, near the saw, is the drive end. again, really simple.

if anyone is interested, i have had one other guy ask for a kit to build one. the real magic is the stupid parts like all the hydraulics, bearings, and stuff.

i'm thinking of selling a kit with all the weird stuff, minus whatever you can scrounge locally, and you build the steel stuff.

:clap: I love it. Every time I look at this thread I am impressed and just laugh. Love the huge piles of saw dust. Two or three men sure could process a lot of firewood. Does your 7900 treat you right?

Bill

yup, both the 7900's do well.

i tried a 2100 husky, but she's a little down on power and can't keep up unless i start grinding on it.

next thought is to mount a shop vac on top of a 55 gallon drum. at least we'd get a full day before having to empty the drum.

doug

I would add a down pressure ram to hold down the last few feet of the log so you don't have to hold it with your hands

been thinking about it, but think instead of building a hand guard so my hand cannot possibly reach the chain.

my hand is quicker then hyrdaulic ram.

Back