Building log splitter'

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you for the idea' we have been putting things off and on for different thing's and other thing's going on but still
planing the build. Last time was going with an 8 HP briggs I had here and didn't even think to look ' but it only had 3 holes in the side
to hook up the adapter too. so I will contine with this idea and look it up as I have a 16 HP Vertical engine with oil filter that runs great to use!
Mostly we have been getting everything for the log life and cutter lift around. Hope to get some pictures soon //

Thank you all for your help
Kevin

Ok' thank you. We have decided not to use the Gen engine, it runs CCW. So on to another engine.
I have a 18 HP from a junk lawn mower, but didn't really want to go with Vertical so we'll see //

mines vertical and the mounting plate it sits on has holes drilled for 18hp briggs, 12.5hp kohler and a 15hp briggs if I ever wanted to swap the engines out. makes life easier because those engines are more readily available than horizontal shaft engines.

http://www.smallenginesforless.com/engines.html You can download common engine mounting patterns here.
If I was going to use a vertical shaft engine I would take a piece of flat plate, mark the center and use the charts to locate and drill the engine mounting holes. Using the same center, I would drill out the pump mount holes. This would locate the centerline so the shaft of the engine and the pump would have proper alignment.

Latest posts

Back