Bundled wood is being sold for $6.50 a bundle

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

arlen

Me and my wife at Wild Amimal Park San Diego
Reaction score
I went to the local Von's and Lowe's and saw they were selling small bundles of soft wood shrink wrapped for $ 6.50 a bundle. I think the price went up a dollar form last year. I hope I have some luck selling larger bundles of hard wood for $5.00 dollars a bundle. I have heard a lot about wood prices going up this year. Of course gas prices are going down now. What do you guys think ?:popcorn: David

As their wood goes up, you stand a better chance of selling more.

I guess you took the setback well ? (W&M's guy) good for you.

Part of their price increas might be the cost of fuel during production.

Gasoline here took a tumble. $2.99 a gallon this morning. They are still making up for it with diesel oil though at $3.99.

If they are buying it in the bundle they probably dont know the difference between Eucalypus and doty wood. They get a better product with yours but in selling it is location, location, location and Advertising.

Hope you come out ahead on your venture.

As their wood goes up, you stand a better chance of selling more.

I guess you took the setback well ? (W&M's guy) good for you.

Part of their price increas might be the cost of fuel during production.

Gasoline here took a tumble. $2.99 a gallon this morning. They are still making up for it with diesel oil though at $3.99.

If they are buying it in the bundle they probably dont know the difference between Eucalypus and doty wood. They get a better product with yours but in selling it is location, location, location and Advertising.

Hope you come out ahead on your venture.

Thanks I put wood on the back burner for a few months I hope to make some money as it gets colder. Looking forward to a cold winter. David

I love burning wood, but I would sell every last splinter for 6.50 a bundle, burn propane, and never look back.

if you are silly enough to pay that, you deserve to be paying somebody else's heat bill, too.

Sorry, I would't pay $5.00 for a truck load. Too much free wood.

So your firewood just appears, cut split stacked seasoned? Your need to figure your time, fuel, equipment, and upkeep costs. You'll soon see why "wealthy firewood dealer" is an oxymoron. (or maybe firewood dealer is just a moron:) )

Latest posts

Back