Bundler Build

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They look good. I have two questions, 1) does the bundle rotate? and 2) are you packaging hardwood or softwood?
I'm wondering if I could get into a sideline of selling bundles of camp wood or pit wood, which would be softwood or should I do hardwood? I can get softwood everywhere easily.

The bundle Doesn't rotate the down fall is it wraps that grey filed goal post... When wrapped that slides out with bundle so far (only one night ) hasn't effected how tight it wraps.. The weight on the arm is more then I thought especially when the siran wrap is added but it was $11 off Amazon so will see I guess. I've only done softwood bundles

They look good. I have two questions, 1) does the bundle rotate? and 2) are you packaging hardwood or softwood?
I'm wondering if I could get into a sideline of selling bundles of camp wood or pit wood, which would be softwood or should I do hardwood? I can get softwood everywhere easily.
Dave,
We sell both bundles of hard and soft at state parks and they seem to sell the same.....We just label them so people know what they are getting......Some like the soft wood because it is easier to get going and their fire is just for the ambiance.....However our bags of wood (all Oak and/or pecan in 2 cuft by volume bags) outsell the small by about 4 to 5 to one...... In the DFW area we will do about $200K this year just at the state parks.

I've done 5 or 6000 bundles on the one I have. I changed the gearing on it to speed it up, otherwise been working great.

Still doing 4 wraps. Have had maybe 4 or 5 bundles bust open after handling them many times.

Do you have a homemade unit?

No I bought it.l from John's Welding. Was about 1800 shipped I think (been a few years) I did add some braces though, the frame was bending.
Also added a foot switch and changed the motor pulley to speed it up.

I'll get pics in a bit.

It's 4 in the morning and your comment about sawdust under the lens just cracked me up! :laughing:
I did end up youtubing some videos of bundlers in action so I understand how they work now. ;)

Samsung S5 "active". Supposed to be rugged and waterproof. This is #4 and I think the screen is dying, it flickers at times.

Do you guys sell hardwood bundles in winter? Enough to keep the area open and stocked at least?
Surprisingly, I do sell some in the winter, but it really picks up in late Match when camping season resumes. Some customers buy a few bundles a week rather than a truckload -- probably because of low storage space. They just need it for a hearth fire. I call these folks the bear skin rug market. ;)

Back