Burned up my 346xp!!!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It was at my house, I live out in the woods and they were unsupervised on the other side of the property. I gave them detailed safety instructions over the course of a few days. These are college students that we are talking about here. I should have gone over saw safety a little more I guess.

You know it may be better that it did break. You cant be too careful.

you dumbazz,, don't you mean earthquake

I never loan a saw out anymore or matter of fact any equipment,,, they always came back torn up

I agree dont ever loan saws even cheap ones.

I totally agree.
Send it to Mastermind and you will look back on this event as a good thing. I hate it that your 346 got damaged. Having Mastermind lay hands on it will bring it back and turn it into something special.

+1 Send it to the monkey he will make it better and you very happy.:msp_biggrin:

Dan, I think they've forgotten that this thread was about your saw getting burnt up. I'm sure you know better than most of us how to deal with college age young men. After all, that's what you do for a living:rock:

you have great patience and self restraint.
I've learnt the hard way lending tools, even intelligent people with their own saws, they always come back at the very least needing a new chain, or bar, or engine, or even a bloody crankcase!. A friend lent a two stroke mower to a brickie along with fuel can and oil bottle attached to it, told him how to mix fuel, to shake before filling and he still straight gassed it first tank. He said "Your mower is rubbish" followed by "Oh, I wondered what that oil was for" Yeah, DUH! I've always fixed other peoples cheap junk that I've had to use, like a trailer with dying tyres and a exploding wheel bearing that went on me but other people have always just handed back my ruined tools and shrugged, "it doesn't work" No, not now, but it @#$%&*? did. I now have a standard two word answer these days and the first word is "get"

This wasn't a case of simple lending. I don't typically lend chainsaws either. This was a situation that I was helping out with, but giving them a little bit of slack on the leash, so to speak. I had gone over chainsaw usage pretty thoroughly and had watched them use the saw. That being said, I obviously should have watched them a little longer. They are good kids so there was no sense in being pissed off. I was just as much to blame as them, and when I showed them what had happened they were very apologetic and sincere. When you are teaching anyone, anything you have to take some real chances. You should have seen me teaching my ex-wife to drive when we were teenagers! Now that was taking a chance!

Lesson learned on both sides. And now, when I can pull a little cheese together, I will probably finally get this thing ported!

Main reason I even posted this was to vent to people who truly understand how sucky it is to toast a saw. :laugh: :cheers:

Back