Burning Pine in a Hardy

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Woodcutteranon

I stack wood on top of wood
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
I was given two S10 loads of dried, cut and spit pine. My favorite kind of firewood is cut, split and free. :clap: Other than less BTU's...come on, its free...has anyone had any experience with burning pine in a Hardy..,.or any OWB for that matter?

This is my third year with my H2 and have lived by the maxim that "if it burns, it shall burn in the H2." But I never burned pine in it before. Of course Pine is lousy in a fireplace because of creosote and popping sparks, but how about my Hardy?

Thanks.

buring pine in a owb

i burn as much pine as I can get my hands as long as it is free . you shouldn't't worry about creosote because the chimney is so short. no need to split as long as it will go through the door and you can pick it up it will burnpluse i like it because it burns down to almost nothing no chunks like hard wood. good luck with the pine

Burning junk ( and I mean junk ) swamp pine and stuff so rotten it barely stays together. Started yesterday w/out even a base of coals and its still going in my 165 Shaver. Time will tell and I certainly expect better wood to yield better results. As I friend of mine said with his CB, if you can fit it in the door and it stays together throw it in.. So far, anything seems to work.

:greenchainsaw:

Pine will burn fine in the H2, you will just have to feed it more often. I have been fireing mine with beetle eaten pine for the last few weeks, no problem at all.

Pine = few coals

Just be aware that you will have nowhere near the coals as HWs provide. Get the most out of your pine by mixing in a little HW....I toss in about 20% pine just to get rid of it. It burns hot and fast.

Get the most out of your pine by mixing in a little HW....I toss in about 20% pine just to get rid of it. It burns hot and fast.

I agree 100%, pine does not give you long results, I mix mine like Scooter, and get awesome (nice smelling) burns.

Back