Anyone have a pull starter for this old girl homelite vi 125

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dieseldod

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Need a complete starter assembly for this ,it's in great shape done very little. Anyone know anything about this model I haven't seen one before

Attachments

• IMG_20240330_143059_3.jpg
    IMG_20240330_143059_3.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
I didn’t look at his location
That’s pretty much par for the course on my projects, lol, but I enjoy it.
Some of us will sink far too much money into a project saw just to satisfy the urge to repair and not toss a machine, I for one am very guilty of doing such with many oldies sitting on shelves than there is no chance of ever recouping costs on but it`s my hobby to rebuild instead of toss out. Most consider cost before diving into projects as I have far too often.

Here’s a well used VI 123 recoil cover on eBay. I think the VI 125 was made in Canada. Have you tried contacting Leon at Leons Chainsaw Repair? He’s a great resource for parts & info on Homelites.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1440904455...peVeDIOSG6&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY
Jeff, I think the VI 125 was actually made in New York, the saws like it made up here were all called Super Mini`s when made under the Homelite Terry machinery collaboration in Point Claire Quebec

Some of us will sink far too much money into a project saw just to satisfy the urge to repair and not toss a machine, I for one am very guilty of doing such with many oldies sitting on shelves than there is no chance of ever recouping costs on but it`s my hobby to rebuild instead of toss out. Most consider cost before diving into projects as I have far too often.
I feel the same. I don’t have as many saws as most but have far more than I ever expected to have (over 30). They all get run & if something is not right it gets fixed. I have a McCulloch 47 gear drive that I got to fire but not run. It’s been shelved a few years but that deserves to get repaired.
Jeff, I think the VI 125 was actually made in New York, the saws like it made up here were all called Super Mini`s when made under the Homelite Terry machinery collaboration in Point Claire Quebec
So the VI 123 was the Terry version? I just rebuilt an XL-123 Textron. Needed way more than expected but is basically a new saw internally. Pretty good runners.

I feel the same. I don’t have as many saws as most but have far more than I ever expected to have (over 30). They all get run & if something is not right it gets fixed. I have a McCulloch 47 gear drive that I got to fire but not run. It’s been shelved a few years but that deserves to get repaired.

So the VI 123 was the Terry version? I just rebuilt an XL-123 Textron. Needed way more than expected but is basically a new saw internally. Pretty good runners.
The 123 is a Textron model, the Terry saws had no numbers only Mini or Super mini as far as I know, the ones I have seen were that way. The Homelites made in New YORK were designated Textron and the ones made in Quebec Canada were designated Terry, that is what I was told and led to believe. I will admit I am no expert on Homelites, have repaired a few but as far as owning and operating them, few and far between.

Canada’s version was call a vi200. Vi125 and 123 are USA version all 57cc
Super mini was Canadian version of E-Z model series 40cc engine.
Terry had model numbers for some and name for other saws

good lord, ive got all the details today, thanks very much lads. i,m. guilty of spending too much for bits on old saws as well, but i wont do the same for them plastic ones,lol never seen one like that over here and i didnt know its worth . thanks again

good lord, ive got all the details today, thanks very much lads. i,m. guilty of spending too much for bits on old saws as well, but i wont do the same for them plastic ones,lol never seen one like that over here and i didnt know its worth . thanks again
I take that as you found a cover? Good for you if you did. I can’t imagine too many of those saws making it to your part of the world.

Canada’s version was call a vi200. Vi125 and 123 are USA version all 57cc
Super mini was Canadian version of E-Z model series 40cc engine.
Terry had model numbers for some and name for other saws
I have a Super EZ & this XL-1 that I bought from BC. Full wrap with auto oiler. Homelite sure put out a lot of variations.
IMG_0280.jpeg20220719_151022_Original.jpeg

At one of the repair shops I worked at there was 9 of them sitting there,the owners wouldn`t spend more than $25-$30 on repairs,they likely went to the refuse bin when they closed their doors for good.. Rotted fuel lines and gummed up carbs for the most of them but all of them were accessed over the $50. minimum the shop charged for any repair carried out there on premises.

Some of us will sink far too much money into a project saw just to satisfy the urge to repair and not toss a machine, I for one am very guilty of doing such with many oldies sitting on shelves than there is no chance of ever recouping costs on but it`s my hobby to rebuild instead of toss out. Most consider cost before diving into projects as I have far too often..
Amen. You get so much sunk in and then have to spend more and more. You get it fixed and after a year or two you forget what you spent sort of eases the blow.

At one of the repair shops I worked at there was 9 of them sitting there,the owners wouldn`t spend more than $25-$30 on repairs,they likely went to the refuse bin when they closed their doors for good.. Rotted fuel lines and gummed up carbs for the most of them but all of them were accessed over the $50. minimum the shop charged for any repair carried out there on premises.
I have been doing very well on those saws lately. My VI200 Super went to Leon and he was VERY happy to get one.
I have 2 VI 123's left, one with no bar and dull paint that would be fine with a clearcoat. The part on eBay was pretty destroyed. I would suggest the OP buy a complete parts saw.

I have been doing very well on those saws lately. My VI200 Super went to Leon and he was VERY happy to get one.
I have 2 VI 123's left, one with no bar and dull paint that would be fine with a clearcoat. The part on eBay was pretty destroyed. I would suggest the OP buy a complete parts saw.
Judging from his location he may be very limited in finding another saw like it for parts and shipping a whole parts saw across to Scotland would cost a pretty penny, a starter side /recoil had cost me $56. and change like 3-4 years back to send it just a bit further, shipping costs have risen crazy amount since the Covid scourge.

Back