Butterfly saddle

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hillbilly

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Carabiner to use with Butterfly ?

Just got my Butterfly saddle, and noticed that many of the pear shaped biners has got some nasty sharp metal edges that possibly could damage the yellow strap. This was not an issue with other saddles where you clip in to a steel ring.

So, has anyone found a nice biner with "Butterlfy-friendly" edges ?
The Petzl Williams ball-lock is ok, but the plastic pieces needs attention especially during colder days as the could crack.

Any misprints are due to my Swedish origin :)
Take care

I think Tom Dunlop uses a Butterfly, not sure. I just figured I'd bump this thread to the top so you might get some replies. :cool:

A quick link would be a fast fix until you find something but I don`t know if it`s an acceptable substitute.
I`m sure someone here knows.

QUESTION Butterfly

Just a quick question fresco couldn't answer. Do the leg staps on the butterfly buckle on the inside of the thigh or the outside?

Should the female end of the buckle come around the outside of the thigh?

The pic is different from the way mine came shipped.

Thanks in advance

Nathan

On my Butterfly, the male comes from the crotch and the female
comes from the outside of the thigh.
Same as Mike's, I guess.

Thanks for the help. I am used to my old antique butt strap saddle and I think leg straps just were too confusing. Started using it and it was all too clear how things should go.

This new saddle plus learning a SECURED footlock has been like waking up and having an opposable thumb. How did I get along without this??

Thanks again

You gotta quit doing things like that, Tex. I just got back from Budroe's and got to try his new Mar-Bar ascenders. I was amazed at how easily I was able to get up in a 60'+ oak, even stopped to finish my cigarette once I got to the top. And here you are talking about how nice your new saddle is. Now I gotta go spend more money! :p

Back