Bwalker.....What do you know about shell V-power

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It depends on where you live as to wether your gas is oxygenated or not. Oxy fuels that use MTBE,ETBE are quit good. Ethanol and methonal based oxy fuels suck.
I have used v-power alot in my snowmobile and didnt notice any differance between it and Amoco premium. Big supprise. V-power is basicly a additive package designed to keep injectors clean on FI cars.

I had a similar experience ... I tried a half tank of if and the carb/saw somehow didn't seem to respond right during adjustment. It had an unreal un-natural odor to it (almost didn't smell like gas -- too explosive smelling) and you could smell it from 15-feet away, as soon as you took the cap off the gas can. It smelt like it would melt anything it touched. I put a few ounces of it (mixed 32:1) in a saucer to clean some carb parts, and returned in about 10 minutes, and the saucer was empty except for a small residue of oil and gum. The rest had evaporated, on a 40° day. My saw misbehaved after half a tank, and I didn't want it for cleanup, so I took two gallons of it to the disposal depot at the dump, and went back to Amoco Ultimate, which a tanker driver told me is supposed to be straight distillate as it comes from the refinery, without any additives dumped in at the tank farm to "make" octane rating.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back