CA# for vehicles? California only

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ponderosatree

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
My company is based in California. We got pulled over for not having a CA# on one of our trucks. I have called numerous DMV divisions and been given the run around by all of them until I found one woman who said all our trucks should have the same CA# which she then gave me.

Can anyone verify whether business trucks in California share the same CA#?

My company is based in California. We got pulled over for not having a CA# on one of our trucks. I have called numerous DMV divisions and been given the run around by all of them until I found one woman who said all our trucks should have the same CA# which she then gave me.

Can anyone verify whether business trucks in California share the same CA#?

The CA number is given to a business entity. The number is exclusive to that company and must be displayed on all vehicles. All vehicles owned by that business use the same number since it designates the business entity itself. Contact the CHP Commercial Division or check with one of the scales. The guys at Cordelia Scales are pretty sharp on this stuff and they can tell you all the details.

Latest posts

Back