CAD Strikes Husky 445

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kenskip1

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Well we have all heard it before. I am now a proud owner of a new 445.My wife threw me the sleeping bag so as I will not get cold. Boy, what a sense of humor.Anyway, this thing must have a wild camshaft to go along with the two barrel carb.I was skeptical about this x torque engine but it has a surprising amount of guts for a 45 cc engine.It may well pass up my 028.

I plan to do a muffler swap, but my dealers helper read me the riot act. I looked at Baileys and they do not list an old style muffler for the 445.
As of now it is running just a ted rich on the high side.

Any ideas as of how to make carb adjustment? I will leave well enough alone as for now, but a muffler transplant will be coming and I want to be able to richen it up, Video coming to a screen near you (litterally)
Thanks Ken.

445 Adjustment

Just a quick note. Is their a specific tool that is required to make carburetor adjustment? I was on the Husky web site and could not find one. Same for Baileys. But man this thing acts like was on steroids.More power than I ever expected from a 45 cc saw.Thanks, Ken

445 Muffler mod

well I used the search function and I did learn something.As stated in my post I had plans to do a muffler mod on my new saw. Well from the reading I was able to learn that the inside of the 445 muffler is bare.No cat no nothing.This being an X torque engine or strato, apparently runs clean enough that the catalytic filter is not required.Of course I had to go out and remove the muffler and like I mentioned, it is as bare as mother Hubbard s cubboard,Ken

So far, none of the strato saws have cat mufflers, as they can all meet current regs without them. If the regs were to change at some point in the future then we might see them.

445's are surprisingly quick. I sell the Refurb units for $225 and some of the pro guys who have accident prone employees buy them, and they are holding up good. They really shoot down the superstition about plastic crankcases being something to avoid.

Glad to see yall like this saw. But on another forum one guy posted that his chain was loosening very easily even though he had tightened it pretty tight. He blamed it for only having one bolt to tighten. Have any of yall had this problem with your saws? This will most likely be my next saw if everything turns out good, as i like to review my products very well before buying them.

Latest posts

Back