cad strikes while at tsc........

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Arbor Vision

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
So I walk into my local tsc to stock up on b/c oil picked up 10 jugs at 6$ a pop. I glance over at the huskys on the shelf and noticed a couple used saws??? Hmm...this peaked my interest, so I walk over and looked at them....a store employee happened to walk by so I inqured as why I never seen used saws in tsc before...the employee happened to be the store manager and told me that now it is at each individual tsc stores discretion as weather to resale returned saws we have at a discount or trash them...the manager said they get so many saws returned that there throwing away like 20 to 30 saws a year. So anyways they had two 235's a 350 and a 455.... I asked what's the deal with the 350 and told me he had used that particular saw behind the store a couple times to clean up brush and that was it...they had a price of as is 120$..told him I would give him 50$ he said sold....thought to myself hmmm...looked at the 455 it had 220$ as is....asked him whats the deal with this saw..responded with did not know. I told him ill give him 50$ bucks for it as well...he shot back how about 60$....I was like....sold.....asked him about the 235's he said he had no clue ...they were just returns. Did not make an offer on those....but asked if they had anymore in the back...we walked back and looked and there was another 455 and two 359's....pick those up next week for 55$ each. He hast wait until release of returns every 3wks what ever that means.
Got the 455 and 350 in the shop earlier and both have great compression and p/c look brand new....all in all 110$ for a 350 and 455....and two 359's and another 455 next wk for another 165$.......plus a he's going to call me any time they get any returned saws

Last edited:
Great score, sounds like your TSC has a good idea on selling returned saws and are willing to have some flexibility on prices to move them. Once again congrats on the great score.

I have 3 TSC's in fairly close proximity to me and bought a couple of saws from one of them. However, I have only seen used saws at one of them (though I was not really looking).

Tsc

The TSC I went to would not bargain and the saw was way over priced. Manager (she) acted like someone else would not like it if she lowered the price. And she agreed it was not worth the price on it. wierd.

There is a TSC 5 minutes from my job, I get my welding gas from them on a regular basis. I think I might just have to get friendly with the manager. They are also building a TSC in my town, Ive been pleading with my 17 year old nephew to get a job there when they open so I can get a discount.

There is a TSC 5 minutes from my job, I get my welding gas from them on a regular basis. I think I might just have to get friendly with the manager. They are also building a TSC in my town, Ive been pleading with my 17 year old nephew to get a job there when they open so I can get a discount.

Yeah me and this manager hit it off good from the start we both went the same high school and new the same people. I'm positive he'll call me when they get ready to resale more returned saws. I'm in there like 2 or three times a month if not more anyways...plus he just sent me an email about a price for delivering a cord of mixed hardwood....might end up taking all oak and a really good price.....

pic as promised....will post more tomm.

View attachment 171988

Let me know if you're willing to sell the 350 or a similar saw for a little profit, I might bite. PM me on price.

Let me know if you're willing to sell the 350 or a similar saw for a little profit, I might bite. PM me on price.
I've already got a couple pm's w/ guys asking the same thing...but will let you know if I do.
The 350 and 359 are probably my favorite non xp saws...I usually run the 350's until they die then swap out to 346 topend...and the 359 to the 357 topend.

Latest posts

Back