Cad?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wortown Mick

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Heres a good question.

MS200 vs NE346 vs 5100 vs 394

Moneywise, I could use a climber. I could use the 346 or 5100 climbing & light groundwork.

Or I could buy a 394 because I kinda want one now.

But id really like a univent 372, I think.

New climbing line and some gear would be clutch too.

I think CAD should prevail... NE346 or Univent 372?

Yeah the husky 372 thing messes with me.

So which is it.. 75cc's, 71cc's, 70cc's? I guess the univents the W model so its a 75cc, but is that desireable?

Then theres 346NE vs 5100, and which ones better, then which one mods better, etc.

Then the reliability factor, dolmar hasnt quite sold me yet.

MS200's are really proven, so much so I wont consider another climber lol.
I should go to bed but im gonna hear 4 stroking burbling in my head.

=[

This is a video of a ported 346NE. That is a 24" bar on there, cutting Douglas Fir. Rather impressive for an everyday work saw. It would be my choice over the Dolmar 5100. JMO

<object width="445" height="364"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/9PlFC-nwdl8&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0xe1600f&color2=0xfebd01&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/9PlFC-nwdl8&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0xe1600f&color2=0xfebd01&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="445" height="364"></embed></object>

If you are worried on Dolmars reliability I have a 115 made in '89 that did 12 months in the woods full time (2000h) and has cut firewood ever since.
It must have close to 5000 hours on it now and is still going strong.:chainsaw:
It might upset a few Stihl boys but I have had a few stihls which have gone to the big chainsaw graveyard with less than half those hours!
Just a good one I dont know? But I used to be a tech at the local Dolmar dealers and if looked after the will run favorably with Huskys and Stihls.
:givebeer: :givebeer: :givebeer:

I have several SD that are approaching 30yrs old still producing firewood! Some of these are still being used commercially Not full time like they once were but still being used almost daily!

Lol when you cut big wood with an impressive 346 its lesss impressive almost because Im used to seeing fullsize saws on that size bar. Nice 346 I can tell with a normal BC like 16 inches that saw would rip.

Latest posts

Back