Call Me Nancy...................................

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ductape

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
But I just lit my first fire of the season. Not terribly chilly, but its raining pretty good and I just felt like a fire tonight.

Woodstove003.jpg

It was 41F at 6 a.m. this morning when I was heading to work. Inside the house was 62. I should've lit a fire late last night to take the edge off but I didn't know it was going to be in the low 40s.

It was 41F at 6 a.m. this morning when I was heading to work. Inside the house was 62. I should've lit a fire late last night to take the edge off but I didn't know it was going to be in the low 40s.

No kiddin...... my oil furnace cycled several times this morning (thermostat set at 60). It gave me the heebie-jeebies..... made the hair stand up on the back of my neck. I really hate that sound. Probably half the reason I lit a fire tonight.

Oh man, I hate the sound of the furnace turning on! It's like an alarm clock for me. I have a 2 year old Harman stove that holds about 50 pounds of wood, so it doesn't happen too much anymore. Before the Harman, our 1980 vintage Precision stove leaked air like a sieve and didn't hold as much wood, so when the furnace kicked on at 3 a.m. my eyes would bug open and I'd stumble downstairs to load it up before my actual alarm clock rings at 5.

If you are Nancy than I must be your twin sister. It was really damp here last night with a front moving through. I lit one off just to pull the moisture out. I took the picture and sent it to my brother who has been away for a few days just to show him what he was missing.
attachment.php

I can call you Nancy... and Nancy when you call me, you can caaaall meeeee Al. Call me Al.

If you are Nancy than I must be your twin sister.

Well, there's three of us! Sorry don't have a pic of the "Blaze King" right now, but our first fire was in August!?
I've been burning out in the shop(man cave) longer.

:chainsawguy:

Had our first fire last month. And several since.

Mostly on raw, rainy days when the temps outside have struggled to get much beyond 60.

Haven't touched a stick of good wood since last April, though. Fires this time of year are actually kind of convenient in that they give me an opportunity to dispose of the loose bark, scraps, puny pieces, and other bits of waste hanging around the woodstack.

Man I feel like this has been the Endless Summer. And not the good kind where I've been surfing. We were in the lower 90's today; which by the way is nice compared to what it has been. Seems like the weekends are getting better (mid/low 80s), but the weeks go right back up to the 90s and we haven't had any rain to speak of for going on 3 weeks. Oh well. If this winter is like last winter, I guess soon I'll be #####in about all the snow we get.

Nancy... Someone out here has a fire burning in the distance... However I can't really tell if it is a bonfire, or a stove fire.

I am going to guess that it is a bonfire though cause I think the Home team one the football game tonight.

In regards to those that have the sickness that makes you want to hurl when the furnace kicks on. I have a wife that I have struck with that illness as well. It never used to bother her till we had a wood stove, now she wants to move, but one of the pre-requisites is that we must be able to have a wood stove.

God love her :)

That doesn't count, only full union suits qualify.

Do they have to have the trapdoor in the back? Mine don't. Fired the owb up last Sunday. Gettin cool and damp in the house. Once we get a freeze, the temps will probably go back up for a while through fall.

Latest posts

Back