Callin' all you j-red heads!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

STIHLTHEDEERE

This is Koty
Reaction score
had a chance today to pick up a new 2156c/18". 520.00 w/2 skip chains,OTD. is this a good price? is this a good pro model,as i know nothing about j-reds'. seems like a very well built saw,seems quick&powerful in the wood. it does have the green fuel cap. any and all opinion/input would be greatly appreciated,thanks

Around here that would be a good price. I think I was in the upper 600's when I got mine. I love it although I believe some early models with the auto decompression had problems? Mine runs beautiful, my favorite saw to run. :chainsaw:

i believe list on the saw 685.00 w20" bar.seems like a nice saw,but as i said,i know nothing about jonsered saws.they seem to have a cult-like following among the amish in the area,pun intended. they seem to like anything but stihl saws.lol

That's a fantastic price for here, too. That kind of money buys a 50cc saw at my dealer! Congrats!

the dealer is an echo dealer also,he is having an end of the season saw sale. it seemed to be an exc. price.

I have an 18" bar on mine, it's about the same as a 361. I out cut my friends who have 361s, but they don't cut as often as I do. Saw seems a little more balanced and compact to me, may just be me though.

I have an 18" bar on mine, it's about the same as a 361. I out cut my friends who have 361s, but they don't cut as often as I do. Saw seems a little more balanced and compact to me, may just be me though.
saw is DEFFINATELY more compact than a 361,the balance of the saw seems to be exc. i have not had a chance to cut w/it yet,other than a few demo cuts at the dealer.

saw is DEFFINATELY more compact than a 361,the balance of the saw seems to be exc. i have not had a chance to cut w/it yet,other than a few demo cuts at the dealer.

It is a tad heavier than the MS361, actually (unlike in the specs), but not enough to make a big deal out of it. Also, there is a bit more "plastic" in the construction, but not in any place where it really matters.

Over here the comparison is a bit different, as the 361 has more power as well - that is barely the case in the US........

Last edited:
can't wait to find out, anyone know of any problems with this model?

Probably, as it is a red version of the rather troubled Husky 357xp - but the newer ones should be OK. :sucks:

Husky first tested out the auto-decomp on the 2156, before using it on the 357 - but not for long enough to find its failiure rate.....

Last edited:
It is a tad heavier than the MS361, actually (unlike in the specs), but not enough to make a big deal out of it. Also, there is a bit more "plastic" in the construction, but not in any place where it really matters.

Over here the comparison is a bit different, as the 361 has more power as well - that is barely the case in the US........
i was hoping you would step in on this topic. the specs on the tag are 12.3lbs/4.4hp,does that sound right?

Another thing, that skip chain are garbadge for an 18" bar - get some real chain if you buy it!

More bad thoughts - he could have used skip because he doesn't know how to sharpen a chain properly.:jawdrop::jawdrop:

Last edited:
5 Benjamins and Change for a 2156?

That's very cheap, even if it has a laminated bar and box-store chains. He's not moving stock and trying to get enough money back out of them to break even. Probably making some other stores in the region mad.

Take two, they're small!

yep, i have weighed my 357 and this is very, very close to what i got. otherwise, it is very similar to a 361, the aggravation of the OB clutch notwithstanding.

Well, I have two very good sources on the true weights, and both tell me that the Stihl is a good bit lighter, in this case - despite the specs......:help:

The Jred also will weight a tad more than the Husky, because of the different handlebar and "plastic" covers.

Last edited:
5 Benjamins and Change for a 2156?

That's very cheap, even if it has a laminated bar and box-store chains. He's not moving stock and trying to get enough money back out of them to break even. Probably making some other stores in the region mad.

Take two, they're small!
yep,520.00 w/2 chains,otd price, as i do not pay tax. there are no other j-red dealers within 50mi of this one.

Back