Calling all cars, calling all cars. Dolmar 7900-7901 Owners Unite!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CHEVYTOWN13

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Just wanted to take the time and say that I'm freaking glad I made the move to get the 79cc OEM cylinder.

I do believe this professional saw is the best bang for the buck bar none (NO PUN INTENDED!). I've always read that here. And dangit if it aint the gospel truth. Furthermore, I get to sing it's praises off the limiter:D

Best attributes, awesome power and not too heavy fully loaded with good anti vibes.

There pretty strong ain't they? They really have no rival in the bang for the buck category. The 681 is probably close.

I just ordered a factory 7900 for $750. Was considering ordering a 6401 from Bailey's (about $500 with shipping) and then a factory 79cc kit ($200), but an extra $50 to get the red & black one already assembled seemed worth it.

As I keep saying, wait till you get a few more tanks through her mate ;)

My mate and neighbour with the 090 really tried to talk me out of a 30" bar running full comp chain semi-chisel in Yellow Box but it eats it, absolutely eats it.
Back when he was cutting full time the only style of saw that could run a bar that size in that sort of timber were things like the old 056 Mag, the wood is that tough, but I was encouraged by Matt's experience. (Which went along the lines of "Good to hear you didn't nanna out on the bar mate!" when I finallly got him to order me a 30" bar :laugh: )

I'd run a 681 anytime too, one of the local firewood blokes is running one and he loves it, or a 372 or 390 for that matter but I've become a little bit of a Dolmar/Makita boy :D

Only 3 tanks through my 7900 ....

and I don't really need it, but it does bring a smile to my face. :) :) :)

Had decided if I bumped into one for the "right" price, it might as well be on MY shelf. Besides, it'll be another draw card on my auction .....

for the "right" price, it might as well be on MY shelf.

Agreed. I figured for the price they sell these OEM kits, I should jump on it before the price goes up. These saws are popular no doubt. Supply and demand, you never know.

The ultimate wood be finding a HD Kita in great condition and buying the OEM kit. Bang! A professional saw with big power for under $425.

I have a 6401 with the factory 7900 kit, an old style 7900 with the BB kit, and a stock 6400.
They are unbelieveable, ESPECIALLY when price is considered.

Undisputed King of "bang for the buck".

Mike

Makita/Dolmar/Solo group is on top thier game.

I just got the 75cc 4-stroke Makita Leaf blower if this is the motor that will be used on chainsaws to meet future Cali CARB it is not all bad. (3-year warranty as well).

It reflects well on Makita as an innovator and low cost producer of quality products.

More power than the 471, starts easier as well, not quite as smooth and quiet though. 2-strokes are not dead yet.

I have 2 of em! I really like the anti vibe system - made me sell my Stihl saws. I don't miss my elitist Stihl dealer. Both my 7900 are modded. One is green and one is red. I like em both!

I love mine! I'm going to get as many as I can get at hd! Will see how the 84cc big bore kit works out Ive heard good and bad!

I wonder if someone at HD is going to figure out the demand they have for these ex-rentals and raise the price. Glad to know I got mine when the getting was good.

If it wasnt for home cheapo using all these Makitas, would they ever have sold half as many? Then they would not be available to A.S. members to buy, and spread the Dolmar big block passion.:greenchainsaw:

Latest posts

Back