Calling all Homelite experts, super EZ

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr Goodwrench

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Greetings from the screwed up state of Illinois I purchased a Super EZ and a sale last year and have it running good but the oiler does not work, took the oil pump apart to find someone had gutted it and plugged it with JB weld I guess so you could use it with with just the thumb pumper, last week I purchased a new oil pump off flee-bay new still in the Homelite box some kind of upgrade new one fits all for several model saws directions talk about a single line tank vs a dual line tank, plug this hole, plug that hole?? needless to say I'm cornfused!! How do I know if my saw is a single line or a dual line without disseminating entire thing? Sorry for the ramble....need more coffee.

I'm not a expert on these but do know a bit about them.

There were some with two oil pickups in the oil tank and some with a single line pickup. my

The two line style had one for the manual pump and one for the auto and the single line setup feed both pumps. If you look it's not hard to see what you have. I remember that one of the pickup lines went into the tank on the clutch side at the back of the tank and the other one went from the back off the tank and into the manual pump through the carb box.

Last edited:
It seems the more I work on the Super EZ the less of an expert I consider myself. I think I've owned about 8 of these this year, one of which I'm giving up on...

Homelite made a mind boggling number of parts changes throughout the lifespan of the E-Z/Super E-Z/XL-1/XL-Mini/Super-Mini/E-Z 250/etc series....

Thanks guys, will get back on it this week I hope. I think you may have answered some of my questions mark.. Thanks.

Working on Super EZ automatic, no manual oiler. The automatic oiler stopped working. Had all the lines off and no blockage. Is there a check valve in the system that may be bad, not let the oil in the line? Rebuilt with new cylinder, crank seals, piston ring. The pump and worm gear look fine. Does the oil fill cap have a vent that could be blocked? Any help would be appreciated!

Back