Camp Lejune water - looking for FLA contacts

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John Paul Sanborn

Above average climber
Reaction score

TO: [email protected]

Message flagged
Tuesday, January 10, 2012 10:13 PM

Greetings,

-

I hope this message finds everyone well and safe for this New Year. Later this month we will learn whether or not our documentary will receive a nomination for an Academy Award. We were placed on a "short list" for possible consideration last month. As a result, there have been numerous media inquiries and stories about Camp Lejeune over the past several weeks. Along with this new attention comes renewed interest in Congress for pushing forward the proposed legislation to grant health care for the service personnel and their families exposed at Camp Lejeune. However, we are still receiving opposition from sources such as the Disabled American Veterans (DAV), who hold the position and actively lobby Congress that the VA cannot allow for a precedent in which medical benefits will be provided for dependents by the VA despite the fact they already have such programs in place. Another source of opposition has surfaced in the form of House Veterans Affairs Chairman, Jeff Miller (R-FL), Chairman Miller has held up and effective blocked any forward progress of the Janey Ensminger Act (HR-1742). Hi opposition is focused mainly on grounds that it will cost too much to provide us with health care????

-

If anyone here is a constituent residing in Rep Jeff Miller's district, it is extremely important that you contact me as soon as possible. Please send me an email to [email protected] with your contact information and phone number.

-

On a brighter note, former U.S. Senator Dole released a strong OP-ED earlier today in support of our cause. I pasted the link to this article below and invite everyone to take the time to leave a comment in support of the editorial.

-

Congress and Camp Lejeune's water - Other Views - NewsObserver.com

-

Respectfully,

-

Mike Partain

Sounds Familiar...Canadian Forces Base Gagetown, New Brunswick

Govts sidestepping responsibility. The USAF did widespread tests of Agent Orange on the then Camp Gagetown training area in 1966-67 and the Canadian Forces continued to use defoliants to kill the forests which were then harvested right up until 1984 when someone finally figured out this was not a good idea. Getting money out of the government of Canada is like wringing water from a stone...people are still getting sick from cancer including those that lived in the married quarters as dependants, also people who merely lived or vacationed in the local area.:mad2: Glad my wandering around in the bush with the Army was not done on this base until 1995!

http://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.php?fbid=295497900502310&set=p.295497900502310&type=1&theater

Last edited:
Govts sidestepping responsibility. The USAF did widespread tests of Agent Orange on the then Camp Gagetown training area in 1966-67 and the Canadian Forces continued to use defoliants to kill the forests which were then harvested right up until 1984 when someone finally figured out this was not a good idea. Getting money out of the government of Canada is like wringing water from a stone...people are still getting sick from cancer including those that lived in the married quarters as dependants, also people who merely lived or vacationed in the local area.:mad2: Glad my wandering around in the bush with the Army was not done on this base until 1995!

Welcome to Facebook - Log In, Sign Up or Learn More

I spent near 4 years on CLNC while before they finally redid the water supply. They knew there were contaminants, but since they were below "acceptable levels" told no one. up untill a year or so ago thye USMC brass sounded like a bunch of tobacco exec's lawyering up with mealy mouthed phrases.

Though I was headed for a career in the USMC, I was never a full blown believer in the hype: never leave anyone behind, there are no bad units- only bad leaders, once a Marine - always a Marine. But the way they have treated so many of my Brothers who are dieing from breast cancer and other odd diseases. (So far I have only a few GI disorders and muscle problems) really embittered me for a while. Once a Marine only applies if you are in a voting demographic, god forbid you need help taking care of your family as you die...

So far the DoVA has acknowledged that I have had exposure....

I spent near 4 years on CLNC while before they finally redid the water supply. They knew there were contaminants, but since they were below "acceptable levels" told no one. up untill a year or so ago thye USMC brass sounded like a bunch of tobacco exec's lawyering up with mealy mouthed phrases.

Though I was headed for a career in the USMC, I was never a full blown believer in the hype: never leave anyone behind, there are no bad units- only bad leaders, once a Marine - always a Marine. But the way they have treated so many of my Brothers who are dieing from breast cancer and other odd diseases. (So far I have only a few GI disorders and muscle problems) really embittered me for a while. Once a Marine only applies if you are in a voting demographic, god forbid you need help taking care of your family as you die...

So far the DoVA has acknowledged that I have had exposure....

Damn JPS, really! I didn't know you were there when that all happened, that sucks. To this day, that pump still stands? I have always wondered about MCAS Beaufort. That is where we were when Brock was diagnosed with cancer, when we were in the hospital in Savannah,Ga. All the kids that were in there for cancer, had military parents..............

Back