Can anyone give pictures of holding Stihl MS880

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's a much more impressive picture I took in 2001 at Minden Ontario.
It's Daniel Boulangier of Quebec with her 084.
John
DannyBoulangiercopy.jpg

If You Buy Him A Ms880 He Will Surely Have Not Just A Bigger Saw But The Biggest Stihl They Make. Its Sound Like You Want To Grant His Wish By Surprising Him And Boy He Will Be Surpized When He Opens That Box And See's That Monster In There. You Might Want To Ask Him If He Wants A Bigger Saw Or The Biggest. That Ms880 Tant No Toy To Go Cut Firewood With And Your Looking At Around1500-1600 Mu La's For It. You'd Be Better Off To Sneak Out In The Shed And Find Out What Model He Has Now, Get The Name And Model Of It And Post Back. If He Has A Stihl Ms660 Or 066 And Wants A Bigger Saw Then I Say Give Him Whatever He Wants,lol.......

My 084

Here is a pic of my 084 which was replaced by the 088.
The log is 48" Diameter and around 10 feet long.
attachment.php

Thank you all for the lovely pics:) You are right he wont be satisfied unless he has the biggest and best so if I get him the next biggest he still wont be happy. Anyway I will love to watch him struggle and never dare to complain lol.

btw as I said earlier he does have the ms 460, and I saw him use this a few times and it did seem to be too small, but what do I know?

Its our 15 year anniversary since we first met and I don't care how much it costs (he wont complain, that I know)

Thanks, (loved the videos, btw:))

Michelle

MichelleB said:
Thank you all for the lovely pics:) You are right he wont be satisfied unless he has the biggest and best so if I get him the next biggest he still wont be happy. Anyway I will love to watch him struggle and never dare to complain lol.

btw as I said earlier he does have the ms 460, and I saw him use this a few times and it did seem to be too small, but what do I know?

Its our 15 year anniversary since we first met and I don't care how much it costs (he wont complain, that I know)

Thanks, (loved the videos, btw:))

Michelle

marry me!

the 084 makes a great arborist saw, as demonstrated in one of my old pics!
very light and easy to one hand! (if only i was superman!)

DSC00636.JPG

fishhuntcutwood said:
Aren't you married Lakeside? I'm not... she can marry me...wait, she's married....nevermind.

By the way, all this 88 talk, I'm gonna have to build one like you now. My eyes are peeled....:Eye:

Jeff

Hey, you're supposed to be my buddy and not rat me out. Remember, I have those old emails of yours calling all women "EVIL", but I won't use them unless I have too:D Just trying to get the wife some competition, oh wait, it's the same wallet..;) Michelle : make sure you tell us all what happens!

Jeff:088 : See pics. Mine was just a box of junk two months ago. Now I'm just waiting for the $1.45 assembly sleeve from Stihl (back ordered:mad: ) to get my oil seal in (once more), do a pressure test, and then it gets to cut wood again. Got the new hose cover on the full wrap handle yesterday - PITA, but I finally figured out a great way to do it - the secret is to have a foot operated gate valve for the air supply while you use your other three hands to wrestle with the hose and handle... handle looks like brand new.

Lakeside where is the fridge in pictures??? BTW that beat up old saw can stay in my garage anytime ..LOL Nice pics.. Looks like project is getting there.. :laugh: :laugh:

04ultra said:
Lakeside where is the fridge in pictures??? BTW that beat up old saw can stay in my garage anytime ..LOL Nice pics.. Looks like project is getting there.. :laugh: :laugh:

The fridge is just to the left, but I deliberately framed it out of the pic so anyone breaking in would just take the saws, and not the beer!:laugh:

Michelle, your husband is a lucky guy! My girlfriend says that after you get him that saw, he needs to pamper you shamelessly for at least a week. :D

Dave, that's a nice looking saw you have been working on. I know you have Stihl shop experience, and my question is "What kind of paint should you use to repaint the Chain guard and flywheel cover?" I notice that its not a pure white. Also I think that normal spray can paint would just wipe off unless there was some surface preparation. Do you use a paint stripper, then a prep paint, and then a final gloss paint? Or have you ever undertaken this task at all? Tom

Back