Can Anyone I.D. This Spinner/Breaker Setup?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PogoInTheWoods

Don't forget about the alligators...
. AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Ran across this on CL with a bunch of bulk chain and a ton of loops. Also got a heavy-duty Foley Belsaw breaker in the deal, but the orange ones have no identifying marks or stamps except "Made in Italy" on the chain support discs. That would suggest Tecomec, but I haven't found anything resembling these units anywhere except one pic of an older Stihl spinner with the flat-style handle assembly. Spinner anvils (at least the one that came in the spinner) are 22mm x 8mm hex style. Only one take up handle -- 13mm x what appears to be 1.25 threads. No punch(es) with the breaker, though the Foley Belsaw unit came with one. Haven't measured it yet but figure I'll need a couple more sizes..., possiblly along with a "B" handle and another spinner anvil or two.

As usual, folks, TIA for any input or info.

1119162214.jpg
1119162215.jpg
1119162215a.jpg

Looks like the Windsor brand set. The breaker used an anvil set that was very low profile. Before ordering any parts double check measurements, the breaker working height is small enough that the current common anvils will not work, same with the spinner bits although they could still be found easily.

Thanks for the reply.

Yep. Mine is made in Italy. Just figured out they're an older Tecomec TL20 breaker and TL25 spinner set originally sold as Efco brand (among others). Parts seem to translate over to the newer Tecomec 1025950 and Oregon 24549B spinners, but I'm not 100% sure about that yet. What models are yours? Any pics?

image.jpeg image.jpeg
Thanks for the reply.

Yep. Mine is made in Italy. Just figured out they're an older Tecomec TL20 breaker and TL25 spinner set originally sold as Efco brand (among others). Parts seem to translate over to the newer Tecomec 1025950 and Oregon 24549B spinners, but I'm not 100% sure about that yet. What models are yours? Any pics?

That type of anvil and others that are more than 3/16" tall will not fit under the punch of my Windsor branded breaker. The anvil was a slotted piece with all of the pitches on one side, narrower on one end than the other.

One of those came with the peripheral stuff I got with my deal. And I'm happy to say that I just got the Oregon punch and spinner dies I finally ordered and they're the correct ones. Now to learn how to spin effectively without wasting too many presets...., once I sort through em all to see what chain types they actually fit.

1128161504_resized.jpg

Latest posts

Back