Can anyone reccommend a decent vacuum/compression tester?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MervMaster

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Trying to find an air leak on my 026. Im wondering if anyone knows of an inexpensive workable compression/vacuum tester. brand, price, vendor etc.

thanks!

While visitng the realatives for Christmas a year ago, I picked up the Chinese hand pump listed here:
Vacuum Pump - Harbor Freight Tools The plastic pump wasn't in stock that day.

Seems to be OK; has worked to bleed brakes too, but slow. Certainly better than $90 at the Napa store, although the Napa version comes in a nice plastic case with a bunch of fittings; I've had to make most of my own.

Harbor Freight sells a Mighty Vac for about $35. I used and it works well. Check with Guido Salvage he has a good post on this...I think try searching for "poor man's vacuum tester" or something like that. If I find the link I will send it.

Trying to find an air leak on my 026. Im wondering if anyone knows of an inexpensive workable compression/vacuum tester. brand, price, vendor etc.

thanks!

Just to clarify here..... A compression tester goes in place of the spark plug and measures the amount of psi that a piston develops in the cylinder.

You want a pressure/vacuum testing setup.

I know they're just words......but it's kinda like calling a screwdriver a wrench. Or...a bolt a nut! :bang: :bang: :bang:

For pressure testing think about a old style blood pressure cup. Just need a "squeeze ball", some tubing and a manual gauge. You can hook up to the impulse fitting or make an adapter by breaking off a old spark plug and putting a vacuum line fitting through it.

Latest posts

Back