Can I run a 32" bar on this saw ????

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Arrowhead

RARE BREED
Reaction score
I think I can run a 32" bar if I use one of them skip blades.... :hmm3grin2orange: :spam:

Here's some pics of my 015 I rebuilt. Thanks to Volks-man and B200Driver for some parts. It needed a new case, that why I decided to repaint. The old girl was lookin pretty nasty. These saws can be a PITA at times, but when you get them running right the power these little saws have impress me. Plus there a dime a dozen on e-bay. I changed over from 1/4" to 3/8"lp. It has a 12" bar, perfect for limbing.
arrowheadpioneer

arrowheadpioneer

arrowheadpioneer

LOL you know you need to throw one on there just so you could take some pics... Then look for a full wrap and big dawgs and you could make it in the pnw

32'' might be a little soggy, but if you go quadruple skip ,extra extra low profile and very narrow kerf......who knows? Might be a tad nose heavy...LOL. Nice job on a neat saw.:cheers:

Ya it will pull a 32"-36" bar comfortably, just easy it up with some full skip (.404, .063 of course)!!! LOL!!!!:clap:

Nice looking saw!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ya know, over the last few days I've read about an MS-250 that will turn 18K, and a Husky that will turn 22K. Why not put a 32 inch bar on that baby.

P.S Super job, neat saw.

:cheers:

You know it's not complete unless you spend the 250.00-300.00 to have it ported. :dizzy: Very nice job on the saw, looks great.

Ya know.....

Chainsaws ain't supposed to be "Cute".
But that one is...

Nice Job!

I keep looking at it, and I keep getting an early 60's Post Modern "Art Deco" thing off of it.

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

Thanks for the compliments! I plan on taking it to the woods soon and getting it dirty. I had a good laugh with all the suggestions.... :)

Ya know,

Just looking at the avatars of this thread;

Four Chainsaw manufacturers,

One Castle,

One Pole Climber,

A John Deere

Homer,

and Two Hounds!

God Bless America.

:dizzy:

I think I can run a 32" bar if I use one of them skip blades.... :hmm3grin2orange: :spam:

Here's some pics of my 015 I rebuilt. Thanks to Volks-man and B200Driver for some parts. It needed a new case, that why I decided to repaint. The old girl was lookin pretty nasty. These saws can be a PITA at times, but when you get them running right the power these little saws have impress me. Plus there a dime a dozen on e-bay. I changed over from 1/4" to 3/8"lp. It has a 12" bar, perfect for limbing.
arrowheadpioneer

have you had that thing in the wood yet?
i am curious about the performance. i may build one yet..... but i want to know how it compares to an 020av, for example.

you did a fine job on the restore and get extra points for figuring out the bearing issues!

I have had the 12" bar buried in Red Oak for testing. It ate right through it with plenty of power. These saws impress the heck out of me. I cut with my uncles 020avp and the 015 seemed quicker, plus its lighter.

Back