Canadian price on a MS361

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Per capita income is derived directly from GDP. GDP per capita is perfectly acceptable for expressing this value. I'll make sure to have my statements bullet proof next time.

I know a guy that has to have a lot of jokes explained to him, too. Your funny bone is broken...you should get that checked.

If you are somehow suggesting that your statement:

"However, if you compare the relative cost of chainsaws to the relative cost of beer, you shouldn't complain about the cost of your saws! Factor in that your beer is that much better than ours and you end up waaayyyy ahead! All this isn't even taking into account that your GDP is 1.5x ours...you should be thankful"

was intended to somehow be a joke, then I strongly suggest you not give up your day job and embark on a career as a comedian.

If you are somehow suggesting that your statement:

"However, if you compare the relative cost of chainsaws to the relative cost of beer, you shouldn't complain about the cost of your saws! Factor in that your beer is that much better than ours and you end up waaayyyy ahead! All this isn't even taking into account that your GDP is 1.5x ours...you should be thankful"

was intended to somehow be a joke, then I strongly suggest you not give up your day job and embark on a career as a comedian.

Lighten up a bit, man. jeez....I forgot that the internets are serious business. wow.

Precisely what "much better than ours" Norwegian beer are you referring too-as I cannot think of any that are making the Belgians, Germans or Dutch switch brands, and as for Sweden, they only sell a couple of varieties of 3.2% beer that are undrinkable unless you are unfortunate enough to have been raised on the swill.

In a common supermarket it's true the only kind of beer you can get is either 2.25%, 2.8% or 3.5%. The strict percentages is due to taxes being based on percentage of alcohol in the beverage. As I'm getting older I don't seem to care that much about what percentage is written on the bottle, and I'm often not intrested enough to notice the difference.

Stronger beer is of course available through Systembolaget, who is the monopoly store for stronger beer, wine and booze. Beer is available from 4.5% up to, well I know of one stating 7%, if there's stronger available I really don't know, beer looses my attention around that level anyhow. Systembolaget carries 396 local, national and international brands of beer (some brands might be counted twice here due to different sized bottles - I can't spend the whole evening counting just uniqueue items... LOL!). Pretty decent I'd say.

As of right now I'm hugging a bottle of Wisby Pils, a light lager at about 5%, at a price of $2.25 for a 1/3 US quart (do you have a word for this amount..?).

It's true we have a lot of bad beer here, but it's just as true that we have a lot of great beer too, beer that I would not be ashamed to treat any German or even belgian with. Hey, speaking of you Roland, I believe you travel a lot, haven't you had at least one decent beer in Sweden?

EDIT: Just found a Swedish 10.2-percenter. Is beer really enjoyable at that alcohol level..?

Last edited:
In a common supermarket it's true the only kind of beer you can get is either 2.25%, 2.8% or 3.5%. ....

4.5 to 4.7% is standard in the food stores here - I feel that is about right, as you can drink a lot without getting really drunk - but it is possible....:cheers: :cheers:

Note that the Canadian dollar is now worth more than the American dollar on the exchange. So, here''s what you do to bootleg it.
1) Buy 650 American dollars.
2) Drive to the nearest Stihl dealer in the states.
3) Buy the saw.
4) Drive back to Canada and pay the customs charge, if any.

You'll probably come out ahead and the savings will pay for the gas. Take a small vacation while you're at it. :chainsaw:

Note that the Canadian dollar is now worth more than the American dollar on the exchange. So, here''s what you do to bootleg it.
1) Buy 650 American dollars.
2) Drive to the nearest Stihl dealer in the states.
3) Buy the saw.
4) Drive back to Canada and pay the customs charge, if any.

You'll probably come out ahead and the savings will pay for the gas. Take a small vacation while you're at it. :chainsaw:

Not so much anymore - it's been artificially held near or just under par via interest rates etc. since it spiked at more than 10 cents over par last fall. At least it looks like that, because when our dollar was at around 70 cents US, it was worth the same against the Euro as the US dollar is now - about $1.60 per Euro. Now it's more or less par with the US dollar but is still worth the same against the Euro. I bet this is partly being done to prepare us for a common NA currency. Of course, our dollar hasn't really gone up in value as much as the USD has completely collapsed, so maybe I'm talking out my a$$.

And 2.25 percent beer? I think that qualifies as common tap water here in Canada. I think it just doesn't make sense to us to have to drink 10 gallons to get drunk, nor does it make sense to drink something alcoholic without getting drunk. :cheers:

Last edited:
In a common supermarket it's true the only kind of beer you can get is either 2.25%, 2.8% or 3.5%. The strict percentages is due to taxes being based on percentage of alcohol in the beverage. As I'm getting older I don't seem to care that much about what percentage is written on the bottle, and I'm often not intrested enough to notice the difference.

Stronger beer is of course available through Systembolaget, who is the monopoly store for stronger beer, wine and booze. Beer is available from 4.5% up to, well I know of one stating 7%, if there's stronger available I really don't know, beer looses my attention around that level anyhow. Systembolaget carries 396 local, national and international brands of beer (some brands might be counted twice here due to different sized bottles - I can't spend the whole evening counting just uniqueue items... LOL!). Pretty decent I'd say.

As of right now I'm hugging a bottle of Wisby Pils, a light lager at about 5%, at a price of $2.25 for a 1/3 US quart (do you have a word for this amount..?).

It's true we have a lot of bad beer here, but it's just as true that we have a lot of great beer too, beer that I would not be ashamed to treat any German or even belgian with. Hey, speaking of you Roland, I believe you travel a lot, haven't you had at least one decent beer in Sweden?

EDIT: Just found a Swedish 10.2-percenter. Is beer really enjoyable at that alcohol level..?

My sincere apology to all Swedish members of the site for my comments about Swedish beer. While I will never recommend that anyone plan a trip to Sweden solely to enjoy the opportunity to take an inexpensive drink or beer, it is a wonderful country, and the capital, Stockholm is perhaps the most beautiful unspoiled city of the original Hanseatic League of Baltic Cities. Well worth a visit as the people and the food are both quite compelling.

Man, how the heck did this thread go from a price on a MS361 to a beer war???? I do love beer though. In fact I'm drinking a glass now, of my homebrew, I have 2 kegs on tap. The hard part is getting rid of your friends!

Latest posts

Back