Carburetor question

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm converting an 044C from automatic choke to a conventional setup. I gave up on the old carb (Zama C3M-S12A) after rebuilding and trying adjustment I could find here at AS.
I bought a Walbro HD-15C on ebay but what came in the mail was a Zama C3M-S5E. Leaving aside the issue of it's not what I paid for, should I insist on a swap or are the two models pretty much equal in performance and ease of tuning?
I need to get a few more linkage pieces before I can swap in the new carb, so I can wait for the "right" carb if it matters.

Thanks for any feedback you can provide.
Charlie

PS - Saw has plenty of compression (150+) and passed pressure/vacuum tests (after a seal replacement).

I'm converting an 044C from automatic choke to a conventional setup. I gave up on the old carb (Zama C3M-S12A) after rebuilding and trying adjustment I could find here at AS.
I bought a Walbro HD-15C on ebay but what came in the mail was a Zama C3M-S5E. Leaving aside the issue of it's not what I paid for, should I insist on a swap or are the two models pretty much equal in performance and ease of tuning?
I need to get a few more linkage pieces before I can swap in the new carb, so I can wait for the "right" carb if it matters.

Thanks for any feedback you can provide.
Charlie

PS - Saw has plenty of compression (150+) and passed pressure/vacuum tests (after a seal replacement).

My 044`s run Zama`s and I have no problems with them, the 440`s are Zamas also but are self compensating design, all of them work fine for me.
Pioneerguy600

Latest posts

Back