Carlton SP5014 or the Sp4012

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scooter101

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Looking at the Carlton SP5014 or the SP4012 but the web sight has very little information on it, are they keeping the web sight up to date? Does anyone have the 5014 with the 44hp Kubota, 4x4 with wireless remote and if so do you like it? I need the good the bad and the ugly.

The Carlton website is not usually very up to date. They often have new models out, or new options available, that are not even mentioned on the website.

Carlton must hate counting money or something. They have the best grinders out there but it's impossible to find information about them. I have searched high and low for an accurate weight on my machine and still haven't found one. Once I get my trailer I am taking it all to a scale and weighing it myself.

I talked to a dealer about the 5014 and if memory serves me correct it has a wider swing. I want to say 50'' vs the 4012's 40''? Again not 100% sure on that. From the pictures of them they the motor looks a little lower which maybe improved the stability. If you don't have the hydro's dialed in on my machine, with how hight the motor is, I feel like I could make 4012 do a barrel roll if I whipped the controls hard enough.

Alexander Equipment Company, in Illinois, is advertising that machine for $41,850. The price from the factory is going to be just about the same.

As stated earlier, the only difference in 50" swing arc and 14" digging depth. The SP4012 is being phased out.

Attachments

• SP5014s.jpg
    SP5014s.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 20
  • 5014sr3.jpg
    5014sr3.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 23
For more information and pricing, feel free to contact Matt or Steve at Alexander Equipment. We can lead you in the right direction. Thanks.

Back