Carlton trx 7015 duetz motor weight?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AAASTUMPSERVICE

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Has anyone weighed their track version duetz powered Carlton 7015? I have seen multiple weights posted online ranging from 4300lbs - 5600lbs. I would image fueled up with hydraulic fluid it would be roughly 4300lbs. Anyone know for sure? Thanks!

I have the Carlton catalog that shows the Duetz-powered machine. Dry weight is listed as 4300lbs. for a 2009 model.
I weighed mine once right after I got it. Mine had the Deutz, and the Sandvic wheel. With hyd. fluid and a full tank of diesel, I believe tipped the scale right at 4900lbs. I would guess the weight varied from year to year as tweaks in the design were made.
Jeff

I want a enclosed trailer to tow my grinder and they said they can build a hd rear ramp door that will hold 5,000 pounds. I guess it should work, just pushing the limit, Thanks.

It won't take much to beef up the folding rear door even more. My door on my mowing trailer is rated for 7k lbs

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

AAA, I ordered a custom enclosed trailer for my tx7015 with 6 hinges across the drop down rear door. Had extra thick supports inside door spaced at track width (40''). Make sure the spacing on the floor supports is no less than 12" on center. (normally its 16"). I would also strongly recommend upgradeing from the standard 1750 lb springs to 3500 lb springs. ( I learned the hard way) Also, run RADIAL tires! You probably wont get more than a year or two out of a set, and make damn sure they're load range is 'D', 8 ply minimum. Oh, and one other thing, TORQUE the lugnuts consistently! Learned that the hard way also. You are going to be at the extreme end of the weight scale for the trailer, but you should be fine. By the way, my trailer is dual axle 14 foot and the placement of the grinder over the axles is perfect, and needs to be precice to tow safely. Hope this helps...Thirdrail

Back