Caught the Theif

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Glad you took care of the situation. I had a van with 2-mexicans pull in my driveway one day a couple years ago. Lucky i was home and saw them pull up. I always conceal carry but retrieved my shotgun anyway. I kept my two well trained Rotties beside me and kept watching them. They backed up to my garage and both exited the rear of the van. They walked around to my walk in door and walked right in. I then ran out of the house with my dogs and shotgun in hand. Me and my dogs stood beside the van with my shotgun in the ready position and out they came with my router table and 12" Dewalt compound miter saw. The look on their face was priceless. I announced myself told them to put down the items and then i placed my dogs on point. They tried to say they spoke no english but i new better. I used my cell phone and called 911 and then walked them over to the roll up door to my garage and thats when i relized i should check the van for another person before i get shot. I looked in the rear of the van and its packed with tools and power equipment. I made them lay on the ground and as they where complying the smallest one got up and ran towards the van. My 1-rottie grabbed him by the ass just as i shot the left side tires out. He imediatly fell to the ground screaming no dog, no dog. 15 long minutes later the sheriffs deputy arrived and hand cuffed both guys. Then another deputy arrrived. After 20 or 30 minutes they told me these guys have been casing the area and where hitting houses that had larger garages. Thank god i was there. I was then told by the deputy's that i could be charged with misdemeanor discharge of a firearm and reckless handling of a firearm. They also advised me to lock up my dogs before one gets shot ( my dogs were both by my side) This is when i went nuts and told them to cuff me, read me my rightsand take me to jail. I did put my dogs back in the house for their safety abd I started recording with my iphone placed in my pocket, you could here the audio but not much of a picture. The two deputy's continued to drill me on not being a vigilante and let them do their job. Long story short i used to be a deputy in the same office but these two guys were young and full of themselves for sure. I live in a very rural country area and would have been cleaned out if i was not home. What would these guys had done if my door was locked, who knows...
im surprised,, you didnt read them their rights!!!! cocksure little twerps....

Fireman Bill, I own a backhoe and have a gravel pit and a burn pile at the back of my property. We routinely shoot off guns and blow up propane bottles. No one around here gets too excited when they see a huge fire at my house or me digging in random spots in the pit. It's nice to know where the witnesses are (buried).

Glad you took care of the situation. I had a van with 2-mexicans pull in my driveway one day a couple years ago. Lucky i was home and saw them pull up. I always conceal carry but retrieved my shotgun anyway. I kept my two well trained Rotties beside me and kept watching them. They backed up to my garage and both exited the rear of the van. They walked around to my walk in door and walked right in. I then ran out of the house with my dogs and shotgun in hand. Me and my dogs stood beside the van with my shotgun in the ready position and out they came with my router table and 12" Dewalt compound miter saw. The look on their face was priceless. I announced myself told them to put down the items and then i placed my dogs on point. They tried to say they spoke no english but i new better. I used my cell phone and called 911 and then walked them over to the roll up door to my garage and thats when i relized i should check the van for another person before i get shot. I looked in the rear of the van and its packed with tools and power equipment. I made them lay on the ground and as they where complying the smallest one got up and ran towards the van. My 1-rottie grabbed him by the ass just as i shot the left side tires out. He imediatly fell to the ground screaming no dog, no dog. 15 long minutes later the sheriffs deputy arrived and hand cuffed both guys. Then another deputy arrrived. After 20 or 30 minutes they told me these guys have been casing the area and where hitting houses that had larger garages. Thank god i was there. I was then told by the deputy's that i could be charged with misdemeanor discharge of a firearm and reckless handling of a firearm. They also advised me to lock up my dogs before one gets shot ( my dogs were both by my side) This is when i went nuts and told them to cuff me, read me my rightsand take me to jail. I did put my dogs back in the house for their safety abd I started recording with my iphone placed in my pocket, you could here the audio but not much of a picture. The two deputy's continued to drill me on not being a vigilante and let them do their job. Long story short i used to be a deputy in the same office but these two guys were young and full of themselves for sure. I live in a very rural country area and would have been cleaned out if i was not home. What would these guys had done if my door was locked, who knows...

Thats a good story thanks for telling.

Cantoo i hear ya. I built my house on family farm land and have never had any problems before. Hopefully never will again. Law enforcemnt around here are pretty cocky but we do have several good ones. Back when i was a deputy i would have shaken a dudes hand for protecting his family and property like i did and im sure others do as well. I encorouge everyone to have some sort of firearm and practice with it regularly even though amm is expensive. Law enforcement isnt here to protect our lives or property but to protect the right of government. I have tought my wife the intrudor drill and all the defensive tactits to help her survive a attack both with me home and without me being home. My dogs are a great deterent though. I have dilegently trained them and they are great to anyone i allow on the property but will hold anyone with just a stare if need be. 140lbs X2 kinda has that effect on you. Great dogs though and love to play. I always remind everybody to be very careful with guns and young children because they are very curious and that can be bad as im sure everyone knows. Early education and familurization with guns is very importantbut some may disagree and thats fine. Im not preaching but just ranting about our ights given to us by our fore fathers. Hope all are having a great new year.

Cantoo i hear ya. I built my house on family farm land and have never had any problems before. Hopefully never will again. Law enforcemnt around here are pretty cocky but we do have several good ones. Back when i was a deputy i would have shaken a dudes hand for protecting his family and property like i did and im sure others do as well. I encorouge everyone to have some sort of firearm and practice with it regularly even though amm is expensive. Law enforcement isnt here to protect our lives or property but to protect the right of government. I have tought my wife the intrudor drill and all the defensive tactits to help her survive a attack both with me home and without me being home. My dogs are a great deterent though. I have dilegently trained them and they are great to anyone i allow on the property but will hold anyone with just a stare if need be. 140lbs X2 kinda has that effect on you. Great dogs though and love to play. I always remind everybody to be very careful with guns and young children because they are very curious and that can be bad as im sure everyone knows. Early education and familurization with guns is very importantbut some may disagree and thats fine. Im not preaching but just ranting about our ights given to us by our fore fathers. Hope all are having a great new year.
This country needs more people like you

Latest posts

Back