Caution: Noob question here

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bayshorecs

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Any issues with hanging a saw from the handle with the tip pointing down for storage?

Just trying to clean up the garage and the wall is looking like a good place right now.

:dunno:

Hanging Saws

Any issues with hanging a saw from the handle with the tip pointing down for storage?

Just trying to clean up the garage and the wall is looking like a good place right now.

:dunno:

Depends on the particular saw. Some have a little wiggle pin for a vent in the oil tank and will leak oil if hung with the bar down. Of course you could drain all the oil from the tank everytime and it would not be problem.

You might consider taking off the bar & chain and then storing the powerhead on a shelf. Don't leave saws on concrete or any damp surface as magnesium corrosion will set in.

Good tip, tried to rep you but I'm in rep jail.

Another Noob Question

Is there something you can buy so that will keep the bar lubricated without having to fill the reservoir all the time, like a spray or something?

Is there something you can buy so that will keep the bar lubricated without having to fill the reservoir all the time, like a spray or something?

You should have to fill the bar oil tank about every other tank of mix. If you have to fill it way more often than that then you either have a leak or you need to turn the oiler down if your saw is so equiped. By the time my saws run out of fuel and bar oil, I'm ready for a break anyway so I don't mind.

A little illegal boy to stand next to you pouring oil on the bar while you cut?

:greenchainsaw:

Latest posts

Back