CB E-Classic 2300 owners.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TonyG

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Are you happy with it's performance so far? How much wood consumption is there on a daily basis?

For me, I couldn't be more impressed with the low stack emissions. I haven't measured the wood moisture yet, but I no it isn't near the recommended 15/20%.
I'm in the 30% range as a quess, we have the telltale vapor trail because of the higher moisture.
As expected, you have some unburnt fuel exiting the stack during a fuel reload, but this unit performs as advertised.
Consumption on 30 degree day/low 20's at night...we get a 24 hour burn max. This would last somewhat longer with seasoned fuel, still not bad.
As I understand it, the 2300 has a fire box that is half the size of the 6042?

Very happy so far, yet I have no comparison, so.........

hello TonyG

do you have any pictures of your setup? i have been thinking about getting the 2300 aslo. what pipe did you go with ? how far from the house is the unit?

thank you
ralph

Ralph,

sure, I'll get some pictures up this week.

Pipe? If you mean Thermopex for the supply and return. Or stack pipe, name escapes me now, double wall stainless insulated 22' in height.
The burner in approximately 100' from our home, 5' from our garage.

hello TonyG

is your unit the Dual Fuel model or the Wood model ?
i have read about some people with the unit that the fire will go out. have you had any problem with your fire going out? they said they had to do the paper clip trick. i guess they put in a paper clip so the fire could have some air so it would not go out. they said this solved there problem. this scared me when i read this. i thought spend this kind of money then have to use a paper clip to keep that thing going.

thank you
ralph

TreeCo,

It's one of the few times advertising has met and exceeded my expectations.

Ralph...wood only.
It went out twice, my fault both times. Initially on the first load, I didn't establish a good bed of coals, that evening it went out. I should have babysat it somewhat.
The second time was right after I had the bed I needed, I was still unsure if it would go out, and didn't have enough fuel it the firebox. After that I finally figured it out and it been running since.
Now I have gone up to refuel and found just a bed of coals...no wood to be found. Reloaded and away it went, as long as the bed was still hot.

I note, I think I'm going through too much fuel...22' stack height maybe???

It's one of the few times advertising has met and exceeded my expectations.

Ralph...wood only.
It went out twice, my fault both times. Initially on the first load, I didn't establish a good bed of coals, that evening it went out. I should have babysat it somewhat.
The second time was right after I had the bed I needed, I was still unsure if it would go out, and didn't have enough fuel it the firebox. After that I finally figured it out and it been running since.
Now I have gone up to refuel and found just a bed of coals...no wood to be found. Reloaded and away it went, as long as the bed was still hot.

I note, I think I'm going through too much fuel...22' stack height maybe???

Well, you need too measure the cordage you use in a given winter. For sure, everyone I've ever seem with a OWB with the exception of the very high tech Garn/ Tarm's uses almost twice the wood they did with indoor stoves. That's the drawback, but of course there are many plusses such as handling of the fuel, less cutting and splitting, dirt inside associated with indoor stoves and burn time etc..

hello tonyG

2. Reaction Chamber™ - Final combustion takes place in Reaction Chamber resulting in near zero ash because of the high burn temperatures. The wood is significantly reduced and any remaining ash can be easily removed from the ash collection area. how do you like cleaning out the ash ? it would be nice if they had a removable dump ash tray.how much trouble is it to remove the ash and how do you remove your ash? how much ash does the unit make?

thank you
ralph

I just checked in...

Ralph.
From Nov.15 to Dec.15 I removed the ashes twice, maybe 3/4's the way full. I thought a bin would be better, but not at all a problem cleaning.This seems more than what others have done, I've heard four to six weeks for most.
As I mentioned earlier, I think I'm using more wood than most as well...not sure why this is? I heating about 4100 sq/ft currently, and will at the garage (2500sq/ft) next year.

I will get some pictures up this weekend.

Have a great Christmas Ralph...

hello TonyG
Merry Christmas to you too. will the stove burn green wood? how long has your wood sat after you have cut and split before you are burning in the stove? all of my wood is fresh just cut and split. i was wonder how well it would work in the stove?

thank you
ralph

Ralph,

they recommend smaller seasoned wood...14-20%. We've been burning some unseasoned as well as seasoned, large and small with no problems at all. To meet the EPA rating they have on this unit, you follow there spec's.
However, I've tried to throw everything at this unit just too see how it reacts and have been extremely pleased with the lack of emissions.
Ralph, I've tossed in wood that was taken down a month ago with no problems.

Hello everyone. I unload the ash in my 2300 stove about once every 3 weeks. It takes about 10 to 15 minutes. The temp in NW Wisconsin has been below freezing all but maybe two days in December. In fact it has been below zero a lot of those days..... I load the stove once a day. I throw a heaping wheelbarrow load in and there is still room in the stove for additional wood if I really wanted to pack it full. My home is about 3500 sq (1776 on each level) and I have in floor heat in the basement. When the temps were above freezing during the day and below freezing at night I would get about a day and a half out of a load of wood.

I'm using 6-8 pieces(split) in the morning and the same at night .It seems to work better to load it twice a day to prevent bridging of wood.I'll know at the end of the year how much wood I have used but it seems that I have used little. Very happy so far, not sure why it took me so long to buy a OWB.

Back