cc's

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

314epw

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
How many cc's equals 1 horse power/
Thanks
Ed

cc's is a measure of the displacemnt of the engine, like cubic inches but a lot smaller. Displacement does not equal horsepower.

Saws in general seem to get about a horsepower per cubic inch; more or less.
A cubic inch is about 16cc; more or less.

sedanman said:
cc's is a measure of the displacemnt of the engine, like cubic inches but a lot smaller. Displacement does not equal horsepower.
Best answer so far, and nice to see you post - you are one of my old "heroes" at this site....:rockn: :rockn:

Btw, cc is cubic centimeters.

Last edited:
:laugh: :laugh: You caught me there Lakeside - please bear over with me - I am a Norwegian, and this is not my main lingo.:biggrinbounce2:

SawTroll said:
:laugh: :laugh: You caught me there Lakeside - please bear over with me - I am a Norwegian, and this is not my main lingo.:biggrinbounce2:

Don't worry, only the USA has it mangled... you're safe in the rest of the world. I still get it wrong, and I've been here over 20 years..

Since "metre" is a french word, I think the americans are the only ones getting it wrong. It's re up here too.

Now that I think about it, you guys spell a LOT of things wrong..........

:D :givebeer:

PWB said:
Since "metre" is a french word, I think the americans are the only ones getting it wrong. It's re up here too.

Now that I think about it, you guys spell a LOT of things wrong..........

:D :givebeer:

Soooooory..."meter" comes all the way back from Old English (through Middle English) to modern English untouched. The Anglo-French term has always been spelled "metre," though. Both derive from the latin "metrum" and the Greek "metron," and both are equally correct.

Now DON'T MAKE US COME UP THERE!!! :biggrinbounce2:

p.s. Cause if we HAVE to, we're going to change the pronunciation of "Ottawa" to "Washington!" :laugh: :laugh:

wood_newbie said:
Soooooory..."meter" comes all the way back from Old English (through Middle English) to modern English untouched. The Anglo-French term has always been spelled "metre," though. Both derive from the latin "metrum" and the Greek "metron," and both are equally correct.

p.s. Cause if we HAVE to, we're going to change the pronunciation of "Ottawa" to "Washington!" :laugh: :laugh:

Stop trying to be the "Centre" of attention

It's metre here in England. I have a gas "Meter" that says how much gas (not petrol) I have used and have to pay for. ;)

Dan Forsh said:
Stop trying to be the "Centre" of attention

It's metre here in England. I have a gas "Meter" that says how much gas (not petrol) I have used and have to pay for. ;)

Keep it up, and I will hit you with the hood of my car, throw you in the trunk of it, and bury you in an a-LOO-min-um casket by the CARE-i-lon! :laugh: :laugh:

You'd never get here. We have lots of traffic islands here and we know how you guys have trouble negotiating them, especially whilst on the left hand side of the road.

But thanks for the Humour anyway:D

wood_newbie said:

Hmmm........................
Seems to me the LAST time you guys tried that, you got chased all the way back to Washington and the white house went up in smoke......... :D

Or don't they teach that part of your history down there? ;)

PWB said:
Hmmm........................
Seems to me the LAST time you guys tried that, you got chased all the way back to Washington and the white house went up in smoke......... :D

Or don't they teach that part of your history down there? ;)

If they do Mel Gibson is probably in the process of making a film about it where they win instead:biggrinbounce2:

Dan Forsh said:
If they do Mel Gibson is probably in the process of making a film about it where they win instead:biggrinbounce2:

Face it...you're just ticked-off because ol' Mel already made one where we fought the Brits...AND WON!!! (Or don't they teach that there, Dan??) :buttkick:

All in good HUMOR, gentlemen...all in good humor!

so according to the16cc equeals 1 hp. my little echo 3000 30cc is almost 2 hp.
okay.. must be those little horses.

Latest posts

Back