Central Ohio Spring GTG

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just wanted to give another TY out to Earl, Mart and my Wifey. Earl helped me alot in preparations for the event and of course Jo and Mart did the cooking. Sorry about the grill snafu. Even the best laid plans sometimes go eyry.

Just wanted to give another TY out to Earl, Mart and my Wifey. Earl helped me alot in preparations for the event and of course Jo and Mart did the cooking. Sorry about the grill snafu. Even the best laid plans sometimes go eyry.

The food was great, cant thank you enough for hosting this. I dont know that I could have had a better time, it was great. Jeff S.

I had a GREAT time yesterday. I wished I would have introduced myself to some others that I know I missed. It is kind of weird to meet some people for the first time, but feel like youve known them for years. We do spend a lot of time on here together, and it makes it all the better to meet those folks in person.
I have shared other hobbies with a lot of other folks, but I have NEVER seen such good fellowship, friendship, and overall great people as I have met here on AS- and the hobby we share. Hard to put into words, but I know I dont need to- Im sure you guys feel the same.
Hopefully you guys know that I would give ya the shirt off of my back, and I definitely got that feeling from all of you yesterday. I will do a better job keeping on touch with a lot of you, many of you guys arent all that far from me. If any of you run into any problems later in the year getting enough wood together for the winter, do not hesitate to get in touch with me- I would be glad to help in any way I can. - Jeff

That is a great running 361!!!

VERY good operator too! There were definitely some impressive saws, and some impressive operators yesterday for sure. This cant cutting is a little different for me, but I definitely enjoyed it and plan on doing plenty more of it.

VERY good operator too! There were definitely some impressive saws, and some impressive operators yesterday for sure. This cant cutting is a little different for me, but I definitely enjoyed it and plan on doing plenty more of it.

Indeed on all points. Candidly I was intimidated about showing my (lack of) cutting skills yesterday, but will be looking forward to my next GTG. I'm really not at all used to cutting cookies less than 18" thick. Was definitely a learning experience on numerous levels, including Elm stoves (thanks Bill).

A BIG Thank You to Art aka stihl crazy aka old iron logging for donating a Miracle Wedge to me for a give away drawing at the GTG.

How this all went down.

Sometimes I have the worst luck. :msp_tongue:

I wanted that miracle wedge that old iron logging donated for the gtg drawing really really bad. After lunch I shook the box up good and had one of Bill's little kids reach in and pull out the winner.
Well I was shocked to say the least when I opened the card and it had my name on it. I felt a little awkward and bad about it so I said no, pull another name. So Andre aka andyshine is the winner of the miracle wedge.

Thanks Art for the very generous donation for gtg give away. :msp_thumbup::msp_thumbup:

Art Thank you for donating the wedge, I'll put it to good ues.

Bill thanks for hosting another great gtg!! I know it takes a lot of time work to make a gtg.

Brad, Mike also took a pic of each page.

gtgtimes2012006.jpg

This is why I'm bummed I couldn't make it or get the carb issues sorted...

I wanted to see where the 101b would've been in there...

Next time I guess.

I'm sure I saw more pics and vids being taken. Post 'em up guys!

I've been in bed sick all day:( Actually, wasn't feeling well yesterday. But, a chainsaw addict does what a chainsaw addicts got to do:)

It's always a pleasure watching Nate opperate a saw. He is so smooth, rarely ever making a mistake. Andre was in rare form yesterday as well. I timed some of his change overs at 0.07". That's slick!

I've got miles of video and bunches of pics but can't find my patch cord and my card reader isn't working for some reason!!!:msp_mad:

Mike

This thing is slicker than snot on a glass doorknob!!!

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/mZ4S-oXVdDU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Mike
Sort of looks like the old (and dangerous) "splitting screw", but much smaller, and with a handle - interesting! :biggrin:

...but then it is something extra to carry around....

Last edited:
Sort of looks like the old (and dangerous) "splitting screw", but much smaller, and with a handle - interesting! :biggrin:

...but then it is something extra to carry around....

It comes in a real nice compact sheath and goes right on your belt.

Yes, it is something else to carry around but it's a lot easier than carrying a spare saw to cut yourself out with!!!

Mike

Should have asked yesterday, but who sells them miracle wedges

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk 2

Back