Centralia Shop Location?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can anybody point me in the right direction approaching from South on I-5?

Thanks

Only one shop in Centralia anybody on this site would be interested in

Madsen's 1904 North Pearl St.
from I-5 going north :
-take I-5 to exit #82
-head east on Harrison-towards city center
-follow Main to Tower &turn left onto Tower
-followTower to 6th St.
-turn left on to 6th and go one block to Pearl
-turn right onto Pearl &follow it for 1/2 mile
-go past the stop light
-look for Madsens on the right

Hows that for directions!

Madsens New location?

Somebody directed me to the Madsens site where they show a map with a new location. I can check both spots if need be.

Somebody directed me to the Madsens site where they show a map with a new location. I can check both spots if need be.

They have been in what they call their new location some time now. Great place and I always drop a bundle there.

Don't be in a hurry, as visiting there can take a while.

Last edited:
They had last December when I was there. I don't remember how much they had though. I almost went there yesterday to get more Ultra. Good thing I didn't make it.

I was there beginning of December and I told them they should start stocking it. Sounds like they did.

Something here ain't right. I can't give directions though, I just go there.
You can't look for Madsens on the right as the streets are one way and it would be on the left. I go there from the Northbound I-5. I take the Chambers Way exit, turn EAST at the first road off the off ramp, Go to the stoplight where you can't go straight which is past the yarders on the right (south). Turn left (north). Continue on past the Yardbirds, the Lewis county mall. At Fairview Center, there's a little street that goes straight off the one way street you are on. Go on this. Go on it till you see the cyclone fence and Madsen's on the LEFT. (west)

If you are coming south from Centralia, stay on the main drag once you go by a park and what you would think might be a courthouse. Turn RIGHT at the courthouse looking building. .it too is a one way street. After you go over the overpass, keep your eyes on the LEFT side and it will be there eventually.

There's another saw shop that I like in Chehalis. It has lower prices on some things and the guys there are great. You would go south on I-5 and take the Chambers Way exit, go over the freeway and turn right (south). You will see their building across from the Shell station. It will have a big Filson ad painted on the side. They are called Service Saw. Sometimes they have donuts for free, popcorn and both places have coffee. I buy more saw stuff from them and they have all the Stihls lined up on a shelf. They also carry boots in my size!

If you feel like more shopping, Sunbirds has clothes for the outdoors. They have the lowest prices in the area on Tin Pants. Just ask somebody for directions to their store.

I'm sure that Madsens has how to get to their store directions on their website too. It'll know the names of the streets, which I don't. I navigate by landmarks. :cheers:

My directions came straight from Sam Madsens mouth, worked for me. [Pearl is 2 way from 6th St.and Pearl to Madsens.] Hey I'm from Canada and even I know that.

Last edited:
They had last December when I was there. I don't remember how much they had though. I almost went there yesterday to get more Ultra. Good thing I didn't make it.

I just got off the phone with them and they stock the 12.8 oz size. I wanted to know because I'm phoning in an order (other stuff) with them in a few days. Cheaper than visiting sometimes, although I think I'll have to stop in sometime in the next few months anyway.....But I try not to go in person more than 2 or 3 times a year or I go broke.

Interestingly, their Ultra price ($7.99 for one) doesn't seem as good a deal as most their other prices for some reason. Like their Stihl bio which they quoted me $22 a gallon. No wonder they don't sell much bio oil. Or maybe I'm just out of touch with the latest oil prices.

Last edited:
Although I was born in Aberdeen, I am in North Carolina now. I have been to Madsen's once, back in April of 2002. Dropped off a new 046 to be Madsenized while I was at it. I found them to be first class people. Top notch. They are also the only dealership I have ever seen that offered Stihl saws at discounted prices. Truly the Garden of Eden. A chain saw addict's Mecca.

OK. I deleted my other bad message. I was not thinking of the little street as a real street...never mind, I apologize. I do recommend a visit to the "other" saw shop as well. They have to be competitive to be in the same town. We frequent shoppers but lousy direction giving semi-locals go to both places. If you want directions there, I can give them by lane changes and landmarks because I go there more than Madsens. I know...Blasphemy. My Bad is the correct term?:cheers:

Hey Holmentree.....Did you ever meet or compete again Hollis Baughman, Roy Booth, or Jack Steward?

I was introduced to many big names, the most at one time was at the 1984 Estacada,Oregon timber festival Gary Walrath introduced me to Mel Lentz,Roy Booth Sr.,Rolin Eslinger,Jack Stewart to name a few. I pretty well stuck north of the border here in Canada, it was a nightmare to bring your saws and equipment across the border at that time. I competed and made friends with 7 time world lumberjack champ Ron Hartill who lived here in Canada. Ron was the authority man here. We all looked up to him. Carl Bischoff is another big name here too.

I haven't competed since 1991,Ever since I have organized & run logger sport competitions here in central Canada, this is more work then training & competiting.:greenchainsaw:
Dennis I wish you a speedy recovery with your bad hip.

Last edited:
Back