Centrifical clutch vs. electric clutch

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
^ +1

An idler pulley tensioner that you can disengage will be far more robust and transmit torque better.

Snow throwers use this set up, so it's not as obscure a method as you might think.

And a whole lot less expensive. I had planned on that at first, but after doing a little reading I saw a few negative comments on that setup, mainly that the belt won't get loose enough for the wheels to stop.That's easy, rig up a simple brake that when you let off your "clutch" it applies a little pressure to the drive shaft.
I think I will stick to my original plan use the idler setup.Thanks fellers!

clutch

the electric clutch is prob the best way to do it you can have the belt tight all the time the problem with one b belt is that you can only get about 12 to 15 hp through it on a steady basis. with 18 hp, it gets hot , then it starts to smell, but you cant tell that it is slipping til it is to late. it slowly starts to stretch then break. I get about 20 hrs or so depending on how hard you push it

Latest posts

Back