Certification in B.C Canada

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KiwiTreeSteve

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
The family and I are moving back to vancuover early next year, after my Arboriculture course is finished, can anyone help me with info regrading certification in BC, and is there anyone that i can contact to see if my Qualification's from here ( Wintec. Hamilton New Zealand) will be recognized in BC.

any help in regards to the tree industry in BC would be Great, organizations., comp's ect.

thanks
steve

:greenchainsaw:

I live in B.C., am a certified utility arborist (Provincial trade certification, nothing to do with the ISA). There are ISA certified workers (running a saw, you know-real work), and there are ISA non real workers, telling real workers what to do and often how to do it.

So if you really work, can cut down trees and prune them, you will find work, perhaps you can find non real work as well. I hope you come here to really work, if you work hard, you will do well. Organizations to work for, tell me what you want to do and I will try to help.

Clearance, Wintec dont turn out desk jockey's I assure you.

One fo the few places in the world that offers Crane and Helicopter courses for tree work. :)

Clearance, Wintec dont turn out desk jockey's I assure you.

One fo the few places in the world that offers Crane and Helicopter courses for tree work. :)

Cool, Steve, there is standing stem logging here (climbers strip the tree and top it, the helicopter picks it off. There is windfirming also. I can help you with windfirming. Its climbing trees (some old growth) and sawing off some branches and a 6"-8" top, so they don't blow over. If you want to stay in town there is work, like I said, for hardworking guys.

Well thanks guys, we are currently looking at a hobby farm in maple ridge area, i have a few friends in the industry, mostly based in the frazer valley area, and my uncle owns the arborist based in surrey, im real keen to work and have really found a passion in trees, currently, im driving and running a chipper for a local crew, 1 day a week and when i can in my holidays. whish i was climbing more but u can run before u walk!,

kind of looking into contract climbing, until i am confidant to go out on my own. or possible working for / with my uncle. however i kinda want to do some extreme type work, maby the standing stem logging, or windfirmnig might be a good thing to do for a season.

im real keen to get to know other arborist's and to learn form those veterans in ther game, after all they have been in the game a while and seen so much and have a wealth of info!

thanks ekka, i can recomend Wintec, to anyone, fantastic program, and great tutors with a real passion 4 arb. and as you say, the pride themself in turning out real workers, with an indepth knowledge of all aspects of tree work, not sure if im gonig to do the helicopter course, but............... REALY want too, just ill prob be back in bc when it starts ( its a add on )

Latest posts

Back