Chain guide bumpers on this saw?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rein

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
I'm working on a 2001 Craftsman 20" 46cc saw. Got it completely apart and it looks like it's got those twin plastic standoffs on the clutch cover and on the saw itself that I've seen on other saws like Stihl, etc. where you insert a nylon bumper to keep the chain in line as it exits the clutch area on the bottom of the bar. No sign of any bumpers and I just wondered whether this was something that they just left off because it wasn't needed for some reason. I just asked for the IPL in the Beg For Manuals thread, so hopefully that'll shed some light, but I thought while I was here I'd pose the question.

FWIW, this saw appears almost unused. I got it in a lot of 6 saws for $50 from someone who apparently has different people working for him and just uses saws until they stop running and sets them aside. The paint has barely worn off the bar and the cutters are untouched. I'm restoring it to flip for a customer who asked for one. One of the other saws in this lot had the chain on backwards and other saws in the lot had similar silly things wrong which prevented them from performing. ;-)

I've got this saw completely stripped down to clean and inspect and it pressure/vac tested perfectly. Phew! :)

Back