Chain ID

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alderman

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Any body know what this chain is? It has rakers that are bent at a 90 at the top. Crummy picture is all I could get.

attachment.php

I beleave thats made for a husky from the big box store its some sort of safty chain..I think oregan makes it

yeah I agree looks like an Oregon anti kickback chain...I'm not a fan of these at all.

<a href="http://www.oregonchain.com/homeowner/products/chain/d_series_sawchain.htm">Here's some info from Oregon</a>

I have a couple of loops; it works OK when new, but performance goes downhill as cutters get filed back. There are filing marks on the rakers/depth guages/bumpers that are supposed to guide you when filing them but I'm too stupid to figure out what, exactly, they tell you.

I also havent figured out a way to accurately set raker height as chain is filed, beyond slowly checking with a straightedge. Oregon doesn't seem to have any easy-to-use guage. I won't buy any more of the stuff as long as anything better is available.

The folded-over depth gauges on this chain are good at minimizing kick-back since they present a larger area to the wood, but are unpopular because of the problem of cutting them lower as the teeth wear down. The bench grinder with flat wheel works fine for this.

Find the nearest trash can................................you know :)

That's ugly. The best way to sharpen that chain properly is to replace it with oregon LPX and wear PPE.

I really didn't see a problem with the rakers.Has a witness mark right on it.
Just took a flat file to it.

Chain came on a PP330 I got and actually cuts better then I thought it would.

Latest posts

Back