chain oil in clutch drum

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

manilu

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
1. forgive me on my english

have one issue with my 359 husky, i'm using 18" 3/8, oil is thickly and made for lubricating chain, maybe it's unknown brand in US but here on Balcan is well known http://www.fam.co.rs/proizvodi/indu...ja-za-lance-motornih-testera/149-fam-testerol
when i use my saw to tirm branches on fallen tree my saw over oil chain too much even on lowest setting ( for 15" bar ) some of that oil get into clutch drum and start slipping and it's impposible to use it normaly, is there any way to prevent this except not using saw to trim branches :)

have one issue with my 359 husky, i'm using 18" 3/8, oil is thickly and made for lubricating chain, maybe it's unknown brand in US but here on Balcan is well known http://www.fam.co.rs/proizvodi/indu...ja-za-lance-motornih-testera/149-fam-testerol
when i use my saw to tirm branches on fallen tree my saw over oil chain too much even on lowest setting ( for 15" bar ) some of that oil get into clutch drum and start slipping and it's impposible to use it normaly, is there any way to prevent this except not using saw to trim branches :)
Is your bar a good fit to the case & clutch cover? does the bar have a separate oil hole or does it oil through the hole the adjuster pin fits in( top hole oil ,lower adjuster)? does the adjuster hole go into the chain run part on the bar? if the chain run allows oil into the unused top adjuster hole it will possibly leak between the bar & clutch cover Check that the castings cover up all the holes fed by oil, on some bars although the correct listed fitment the hole/s are not fully covered & oil leaks in & around the bar mount

can,t help you with that particular saw,sorry. your english is better than some that speak english. :yes:

Thx, guys, everything fits great, chain and bar came with saw when i bought it new, i don't have this problem when i cut big diametar trees only when i use it to trimm branches and when i let it stay on ground when i removing cuted branches under my feet, when chain isn't moving

Thx, guys, everything fits great, chain and bar came with saw when i bought it new, i don't have this problem when i cut big diametar trees only when i use it to trimm branches and when i let it stay on ground when i removing cuted branches under my feet, when chain isn't moving
Your saw is one that pumps oil when the engine is running & chain is stationery I have a saw that is the same if left idling I find that to cut down on oil use, I switch it off, maybe a bit of a pain but it stops it flooding the inside of the clutch cover

Back