Chain Saws From the Past

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

painter david

Reaction score
Hi, I'm Painter David! I'm looking for unique 2 man chain saws and antique, vintage chain saws to add to my collection. I display chain saws at local events near Richmond, Virginia. If you have accessories for Kiekhaefer (Mercury) chainsaws please let me know. I'm looking for the fuel cans that go in the crate the saws were shipped in, signs, oil cans, extra chains, whatever.

I don't have any old saws but would be very interestedto see your setup at the next show you do. If you could email me the next time you have a display I'd appreciate it.
I went to an auction about 10 years ago or so at a small repair shop and they had a ton of 2 man chainsaws there and other stuff, I was broke at the time though:(

old gas engine show

thanks for your reply.The first show is powhatan spring antique power show April 22&23 Yorkshire Place 2455 Academy rd Powhatan,Va.This is a small show .I go two about six show a year .I,ve been doing this for about three years. You,ll meet a lot of good people. other shows areChippokes at Surry,Va. in June Somerset in August. Stonewall Antique show in Concord Va. May.Field Day of the Past in Sept. Rockville-Manakin Va. thanks for your intrest. :cool: painter david

Antique power shows are a great place to get leads on old saws. I like to demonstrate at them also. The sound of an old saw with virtually no muffler really draws a crowd. People really like to see these old beasts doing work. Some of the people who go to these shows have an old saw or 2 in a shed and want to sell or give it to someone besides a scrap dealer.
Scott

Back