Chain too short w/ 24" Sugihara & 372xp

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gmcman

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Seems the slots in the bar aren't long enough for the chain to mount up...looks like I could add some links but that's surely a PITA.

Is it my bar or are they all like that. Bar is a .050 if that matters.

Gmc, check the numbers on that bar.

I just ran into this the other day. The mount you're looking for should say SV something I had one come in the other day that was an SG something and it's the 12mm slot but has a shorter slot that doesn't allow for much chain adjustmant. It took a funky drive link count too to make it work... like 86 drivers.

Shouldn't matter on a 372... If it was a 272 you need the longer slot because its an outboard clutch.............. Perhaps your last bar was not a 24" Make sure they both are 3/8(.375) 84DL .50

Here's a few pics, Sugi bar reads ST2U-OQ63 DT-3C

Husky reads 608 00 01 94, GB bar w/ Husky name/paint

DSC_77010001.jpg

DSC_77030001.jpg

Here's a few pics, Sugi bar reads ST2U-OQ63 DT-3C

Husky reads 608 00 01 94, GB bar w/ Husky name/paint

DSC_77030001.jpg

Why are you upset that a Stihl Bar does not fit a Husky right?????????????:monkey::monkey:
Also You said the Sugi Hari was a .050" but the part # you described says its .063"???

Scott

Last edited:
Why are you upset that a Stihl Bar does not fit a Husky right?????????????:monkey::monkey:

Scott

That could be the case :cry: The sugi bar uses an insert for the Husky saw, that wide slot could very well be on all their bars but the guy who sold it said it will work with the insert.

Apparently not.

So this is a Stihl bar eh?

Also You said the Sugi Hari was a .050" but the part # you described says its .063"???

Scott

That could be the case :cry: The sugi bar uses an insert for the Husky saw, that wide slot could very well be on all their bars but the guy who sold it said it will work with the insert.

Apparently not.

So this is a Stihl bar eh?

When you mix up bar mounts ie. Stihl vs Husky they don't always fit like you intend... The guy that sold it to you snowed you.......

Scott

I had the same problem with an old stock 28" Windsor bar on a 066 the other day. I spun up a 91dl for it and it was too short had to add one dl to make it right.

Yep ST mount (memory aint what it used to be)... that’s what I had the other day, what you need is the SV mount to be "right" the ST will work, its just you will have to go to 86 drivers and you will likely run out of adjustment as the chain stretches and have to take a link out at some point.

IMO I would rather have the proper SV mount.

So plaese tell me why its a .063 gauge bar and please tell me how the dealer screwed him???

It's a simple mix up.... you wanna know how I know???

A) because I just did this a few days ago.

2) because the only distributor for the Sugihara bars in this country doesn't even stock the ST mount.

GMCman, it's pretty likely that some of the ST mounts got mixed in with the SV mount bars when they were sent to the distributor and the distributor unknowingly sent them out to the dealers mixed right in with the SV mounts, who unknowingly grabbed it up still in the box and handed it to you..... simple mistake. I'd take that one back and trade it in for the SV mount bar but unless your dealer has one in stock you will have to wait a bit. The distributor is currently sold out of the 24" bars and they are quite literally on the slow boat from Japan as we speak.

Last edited:
I called and left a message so i'm sure it will get resolved, thanks for the info.

So will that bar fit my 034 Super? Just askin....

if you want to run .063" chain it will

Scott

Yes biker dude the bar will fit on your Stihl and it is a .050 gauge bar, but I believe you will have the same limited adjustment that GMC will have with the 372.

Best to get the SV mount. :cheers:

Last edited:
So what gauge would SV3U-0Q45HV be??

How about SV3U-3Q71HV??

ST2U-OQ63 DT-3C

The 0 denotes that it is a .050 gauge bar… 8 for .058 and 3 for .063

Okay now for the next lesson, how can you tell if it’s 3/8s or .325??? :laugh:

Pssst… it’s the letter after the gauge number.

OK, I'm game, or was that gamey, how do you tell 'twixt .375 & .325?

J or Q.

While on the SugiHara train; what's the AT mount height?

As I understand the SV is 14MM w/3 differing adapters allowing mounts of 8, 9, & 10MM.

Other than the hardnose bar the two rollers are offered by HEV are in SV & AT.

Mount Size Variable? Or would that be MSV?

I think a couple of those universal AT mount saws are 8.4MM mounts, so I'm guessing 9MM mount as a catch-all.

I'd like to know as opposed to guessing. If they are offered in 8.4MM & I had a 9MM mount I'd think about ordering the AT and filing the slot to size as opposed to the SV and using adapters.

Anyone, as I'd like to snag a 2' bar...

Back