Chain too short w/ 24" Sugihara & 372xp

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Testing, 1, 2, 3...

Hello? Hel---lo!

This is Will Stockdale anybody out there?

The AT mount is supposed to fit sumpthin' like 270 various models, so I figure someone knows the size of the slot.

I can't believe, it's been a year.... :jawdrop: where did that time go?

Uh, late update but bars were exchanged and the SV bar fits, and works great.

Actually balances the saw perfectly, used to be slightly nose heavy but it's rests perfectly level by grabbing the top handle.

One thing I did notice is the bottom of the bar seems to have changed color possibly under heat. The oiler works great but have some slight bluing in a couple places...will get a pick later but has anyone had this happen?

Gmc, check the numbers on that bar.

I just ran into this the other day. The mount you're looking for should say SV something I had one come in the other day that was an SG something and it's the 12mm slot but has a shorter slot that doesn't allow for much chain adjustmant. It took a funky drive link count too to make it work... like 86 drivers.

Reminds me of what can happen when you use a Baileys adaptor on a true Stihl bar, and try to mount it on a Husky - you need more dl because of the short slot in the Stihl bars, at least with some bar lengths (I have only tried an 18" one).

One option is to grind the slot in the Stihl bar longer, maybe a longer chain would do it - I never went further with it.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back