chains and rakers - rant

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MickJ

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Can't believe the number of people ive come across in the past couple of months who take the chainsaw into the 'local old guy who sharpens chains' or the hardware to get their chain sharpened, i'm not talking about taking a few loops of chains in either - the whole saw and one chain fitted!
Seems to me like people are loosing the ability to do simple tasks (these aren't young guys either - all late 30s)
Was only at the hardware on sunday and there was a guy upset that they didn't have his chainsaw ready so he could cut wood - heaven knows what happens if he hits dirt halfway through cutting!
I i had some time i wouldve taken him outside and grabbed a file.
Then yesterday a neighbour was running his mac rev rev bog rev bog rev rev bog rev bog etc damn drove me crazy - thing sounded like it had no rakers - i wouldn't belive that anyone would grind the rakers off except i found a chain left on the driveway of the saw shop an month or so ago ground to 45 degrees with NO rakers!! any reason somebody would do that?!

Sorry people just had to get that off my chest seems im letting thing get to me:givebeer:

Yup, I know what ya mean. Seems there's a lot of folks who can't seem to take care of things themselves. I've even heard of some taking saws to equipment dealers and paying shop rate (125.00/hr) to have them sharpened. :monkey:

Latest posts

Back