Chainsaw 2 Cycle Oil Poll

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Favorite Chainsaw 2 Cycle Oil

• Echo Gold

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Echo Red Armor

Votes: 27 35.5%
  • Husqvarna XP+

Votes: 5 6.6%
  • Husqvarna HP

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Amsoil Dominator

Votes: 10 13.2%
  • Amsoil Saber

Votes: 15 19.7%
  • VP

Votes: 3 3.9%
  • Stihl HP Ultra (Silver)

Votes: 12 15.8%
  • Stihl High Performance (Orange)

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Lucas

Votes: 2 2.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I ordered four 6pks of Red Armor from SawSuppliers during their black Friday sale. It was $12.50/case for the 2.5gal sized bottles. So I now have enough oil to last me 2.5-3yrs lol.

I have been a Stihl Ultra user since it was available as that's what was around here where I was looking and when I went to grab more it was $38.99 for a 6pk of 2.5gal bottles. Good grief !!

Oh ..... And Torx screws for the win ......

I ordered four 6pks of Red Armor from SawSuppliers during their black Friday sale. It was $12.50/case for the 2.5gal sized bottles. So I now have enough oil to last me 2.5-3yrs lol.

I have been a Stihl Ultra user since it was available as that's what was around here where I was looking and when I went to grab more it was $38.99 for a 6pk of 2.5gal bottles. Good grief !!

Oh ..... And Torx screws for the win ......
I prefer Amsoil Saber

Was using Motul 800 2T and Maxima K2 both were producing to much carbon so I switched to Yamalube 2R all of them at 32 to 1 Running Dolmar PS-5105SC and Husqvarna 346XP at 14,500 rpm's and no scored P&C's in 15 years.
Odd.
Those 2 are known for leaving nearly no carbon at all

The best additives are made by Chevron and Mobil. They use the best in house and do not sell them.
I have seen many oil analysis for large mining equipment, but none for Amsoil, because the large companies I worked for wouldn't buy Amsoil.
This equipment was ran in punishing conditions and to failure. Not some guy that splits his time polishing his truck with diapers and browsing BITOG.
I can say for certain that for conventional oils Shell Rottella and Chevron Delo are superb. For synthetics Mobil Delvac as well as Chevron and Shell synthetic are also superb.
Rotella and delvac are very good oils, been around a long time and used in some very expensive machinery. I would have no hesitation in using these oils in the right application. And I am confident a huge amount of R&D has gone into these oils and much more than anything Amsoil and some others would be able to do. Often an oil comes out and everyone rushes to buy it because it's the best oil bla bla bla, it's called marketing. And marketing is an art of it's own and should be called what it really is, to con people to buy, basically to lie.
Personally I dont see Chevron in the UK but rotella and delvac are very common.

Back