• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Sell chainsaw bars with pictures now $7 each must buy all

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Please confirm the following. You are selling more that 170 bars plus some number of chains for $1,530 or more, plus shipping from somewhere that is 250 miles away from Dayton NV. Guessing the average weight of a bar is maybe 4 pounds, so maybe 700 pounds total.

Some of the chains appear to have a fair amount of rust. Are all of the bars serviceable, or are some of the worn out?

I don't keep worn out bars. Worn some. Several are new. The chains are free so rust is no extra charge. There is a small box of tips also. I have a "fastenal" down the way so pallet shipping is possible. The bars are 2 and a half hours from here (about 100 miles through the mountain passes). Come get em to save shipping. Mike

I have now pictures some of the bars for sale for $10 each. I will send these but the shipping will be extra. The $10 price is for the bars if you buy all of them .

In the defense of those like me who wanted singles, this reads like they were for sale separately. "The price is $10 IF you buy them all". That's why I was confused, and probably why others are too. Like I said, I was tired as heck and didn't read the posts below the original.

Someone just buy the lot and piece them out to the rest of us so you can make $13 and keep everyone happy.

I think the risk would be that the 30" plus bars would sell quickly and the shorter ones would sit for years.

That and freight cost.

Hey guys, just wanna pipe up here, Mike is a straight shooter, if you are anywhere in his part of the world take a day trip to visit him and get a killer deal on enough bars to stock a shop for a good while.
Without giving too much info about his location he is in an area where it never rains and the slight surface rust you see on the hanging chains is inconsequential.
Beautiful guy and a beautiful place to visit, plus some yummy food locally he knows all about.
I am guessing a guy with a breaker and spinner could sell bar/chain combos from this hoard for a good long while on eBay at a real solid profit even with shipping and fees.
Bars are heavy enough to be priority mail so you can get free packaging from the post office. Anything over 20” should bring strong money and the 30” plus combos should fetch at least $80, a bit more if you gave them a nice shine :)
Mike is retired and likes to tinker with saws, he built race saws at one time and has no interest in packaging and shipping individual bars at any price, hence his offer of a great price to take them all.
Bacon and salt air
Dave

Hey guys, just wanna pipe up here, Mike is a straight shooter, if you are anywhere in his part of the world take a day trip to visit him and get a killer deal on enough bars to stock a shop for a good while.
Without giving too much info about his location he is in an area where it never rains and the slight surface rust you see on the hanging chains is inconsequential.
Beautiful guy and a beautiful place to visit, plus some yummy food locally he knows all about.
I am guessing a guy with a breaker and spinner could sell bar/chain combos from this hoard for a good long while on eBay at a real solid profit even with shipping and fees.
Bars are heavy enough to be priority mail so you can get free packaging from the post office. Anything over 20” should bring strong money and the 30” plus combos should fetch at least $80, a bit more if you gave them a nice shine :)
Mike is retired and likes to tinker with saws, he built race saws at one time and has no interest in packaging and shipping individual bars at any price, hence his offer of a great price to take them all.
Bacon and salt air
Dave
Agreed, ive purchased from mike, albeit a lot less than dave haha. I dont see whats so hard about it, says right in the first few sentences of the first post that this is a buy all price.
No where in the add does it say that these are a lot!
1) learn how to read.
2) this is the second thread ive seen in the last few days that youve come in and said something totally ignorant and off base and then disappeared. G F Y buddy (pm me for canadian translation if necessary).

Your no buddy of mine Cus, I can read , the op has stated $10 each if you buy all of them, BUT he does not say anywhere in the original add that you must purchase all the bars. There are others that have questioned this also.
So why don’t you go buy them and make everyone happy.

I don't know at this time but blow up the thumbnail and you can figure it out. Remember this is an all or nothing sale. Mike
from mikes second post in this thread....

BUT he does not say anywhere in the original add that you must purchase all the bars.
guess you (and others lol) just need to work on reading comprehension

So why don’t you go buy them and make everyone happy
please refer to item 2 in my original post (#32) in this thread.

from mikes second post in this thread....

guess you (and others lol) just need to work on reading comprehension

please refer to item 2 in my original post (#32) in this thread.
Thank you, I have never claimed to be the smartest guy in the room, but I clearly saw what his first post said.
I believe it was a case of $9.00 bar hysteria that made it hard for people to read /comprehend the entire post, my wife is guilty of half ass reading things on occasion ,it happens, but arguing about why your right about being wrong is futile at best...

But just in case the OP changes his mind, I will take 10- 28'' to 36'' bars and their respective free chains , where do I send my $90 bucks...

Hey Mike........... I'd like to buy one of these here 36" chainsaw bars.

"I'll pay your full asking price for this item, please send me the items condition as I am looking for something very nice. Please include an address so that I can send a money order as I am out of the country. I will send the full payment and will pay to have it picked up when I get back. I need your address, phone number and a bank number to send the funds immediately. I look forward to our business together and look forward to buying your item" :dumb::laugh: :laughing:

Sorry, sometimes I just can't help myself............ BUMP for a good seller

Hey Mike........... I'd like to buy one of these here 36" chainsaw bars.

"I'll pay your full asking price for this item, please send me the items condition as I am looking for something very nice. Please include an address so that I can send a money order as I am out of the country. I will send the full payment and will pay to have it picked up when I get back. I need your address, phone number and a bank number to send the funds immediately. I look forward to our business together and look forward to buying your item" :dumb::laugh: :laughing:

Sorry, sometimes I just can't help myself............ BUMP for a good seller
For what its worth, I thought this was funny...

Mike have you talked to @Jon1212 about your collection of bars? I know he has a trip to Northern Cali coming up for his son's graduation and is picking up at least one other collection of bars.

Another option might be to separate them by bar mount and sell them in smaĺler groups. Yes, more work for you but you are probably closer to your $10 or more target for most of the bars.

You've given up almost $600 by discounting them and still haven't sold them. Could be about time to try a new tactic.

Back