Chainsaw Boots

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Life's all about compromise. Some days you make the right ones, some not so well. I won't sit here and say I haven't used me plain Jane steel toe work boots because I do occasionally when I'm lazy...

Double H Loggers are made of heavy duty leather which takes some breaking in, but great fit, and comfort on the mountain side too.
doublehloggerboots0111.jpg

When your climbing tree most of those so called chainsaw boots are so bulky it's more dangerous to wear those in a tree than just plain steel toe. Some really knotty type trees I've just wore rock shoes. I see the benefit of all the certs but most are way bulky.

having just got 24 stitches out of my hand, i have a whole new attitude about safety equipment.

i'm slow and careful and pay attention and haven't been seriously hurt in over 4 decades of saw use. When it happens, it's fast.

So my new slippers are clodhoppers with steel toes and kevlar padding. The tongue is double thick and the pretty new shoelaces are yellow kevlar, the thickest I could get through the holes. It's mm's that count, if you can stop the damn thing after your hides been chewed but before the parts that let you move are hit, that's still winning.

Back