Chainsaw Buddy??

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They work great if your cutting a lot of small stuff. If your cutting big and small stuff it is a hassle to keep swapping it out.

User feedback

I bought one a few years back and was able to leave it on one saw.

At the time I was taking down some alders around the yard so I had lots of branches to cut down to a smaller size. This type of stuff really tries to climb the chain so the Chainsaw Buddy worked well for this type of work.
Had I only one saw I probably wouldn't have taken the time to install and remove it numerous times as it really only seems suitable to the task of cutting up smaller stuff once it is off the tree.

Pro:

I see it as something that does have some value around the place, keeps the chain out of the dirt, keeps stuff from riding too far up the chain, but I probably could live without it. Seems to be sturdy enough for its intended use. Only problem I've had is one of the pins came out. Lock Tited it back in and no more trouble, plus I believe they have changed the design since I bought mine.

Con:

Takes time to install. Must remove it to remove chain from bar. Adds weight and makes the saw nose heavy. Your friends will laugh at you.

The only real use I can see for that would be if the ground you were cutting on was rocky or pure gravel.

I would put the money into something more useful.......like a log lifter cant hook. It would do the same thing alot easier.

I would put the money into something more useful.......like a log lifter cant hook. It would do the same thing alot easier.

+1, my mom bought me a timber jack for xmas last year. I really like it.

I made this sawbuck in the spring.

It will hold several 5 in. by 6 ft. branches easily.

And it folds up too.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Back